Android OS Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I would like to protect my device with nvflash before setup first rom.
I read guide about access to nvflash:
androidroot.mobi/pages/guides/tegra3-guide-nvflash-jellybean
and
matthill.eu/android/transformer-prime-tf201-jellybean-nvflash

But I am not sure it's valid for my bootloader version. I have TF 201 with Jelly Bean and 10.4.2.18 bootloader. This bootloader comes from officials updates.

I am especially afraid this step: "wheelie / advances / Step 1: Flash AndroidRoot BL". It is can brick my device because of other version of bootloader? In guide is marked version: 10.4.2.15.

I really need help!
Best regards.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I'm trying to restore an old Transformer TF201 and have downloaded blob.bin and blob.EBT. However when I try to download blob.SOS I get a message to say that it has started and the [resume mode] message but then nothing further happens. I've even left it overnight but it just won't go any further.

Maybe I shouldn't have started this. Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks

Alan

· Registered
1 Posts
Do you know if there is anywhere else where the guide to access nvflash on an ICS tf201 is? The page is "not found" anymore on the androidroot blog. It seems everyone has upgraded to JB already, but I never got the JB ota update before I unlocked my bootloader, and I never performed the steps here to install a custom recovery. So it appears I am stuck.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys,

There is link on UN-BLOB'D STOCK JB 10.4.2.15 ROM that is not working.

Please repair it.

Thx
Do your research, invest the time, and learn how to make your own UN-BLOB'D files. If your to the point where you need 'em, you should know how to make em. If you can't, then respectfully it may be better you don't use them; whereas, it may end up even worse. Rely on yourself before others. Search for BLOB tools. You'll find the way. Good luck brother...

· Registered
2 Posts
Do your research, invest the time, and learn how to make your own UN-BLOB'D files. If your to the point where you need 'em, you should know how to make em. If you can't, then respectfully it may be better you don't use them; whereas, it may end up even worse. Rely on yourself before others. Search for BLOB tools. You'll find the way. Good luck brother...
Sorry for reviving this old thread, but I'm in a similar boat that seems to have sailed already. Lots of links are broken and the documentation on using NVFlash are very sparse and difficult to understand. I'm trying to revive a nearly bricked TF201 today. I've got the blobs and stuff when I enabled NVFlash, but i've a corrupted partition now that needs restoring in APX mode. If anyone is out there and can help me with this, I'd greatly appreciate that.

I have:
  • a TF 201 that only boots into APX mode (TWRP is stuck in a RecoveryScript loop and completely skips over Fastboot)
  • Windows 10 machine that interfaces in APX
  • WW firmware downloaded from ASUS
  • time and a willingness to research, learn, and try

I need:
  • unblobed stock JB on the WW firmware OR a guide on how to create one myself (or at least a working link to a guide!)
  • a working link to the semi-auto linux script
  • probably a linux machine, but I can use oracle if given a step-by-step guide

Thanks,
Jon

21 - 27 of 27 Posts