Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response and sorry for the newb question. I'm coming from Peter Alfonso's awesome Bugless Beast and I was looking for a little more customization and Gummy Rom does a good job of that. Would there be a change log listed somewhere for Gummy toro Release 1.2.11.Linaro.03?

· ROM Psycho
1,099 Posts
Thanks for the quick response and sorry for the newb question. I'm coming from Peter Alfonso's awesome Bugless Beast and I was looking for a little more customization and Gummy Rom does a good job of that. Would there be a change log listed somewhere for Gummy toro Release 1.2.11.Linaro.03?
Not until there is an "official" release. All the ones being posted up recently are tests and nightlies. Last official for Verizon Gnex was 1.2.

· who needs drugs when you have a Nexus (CrackFlashe
286 Posts
Not until there is an "official" release. All the ones being posted up recently are tests and nightlies. Last official for Verizon Gnex was 1.2.
so... even if the file name sais release... it is not in fact a release... but the illusion of a release ...

(taptalk2)

· who needs drugs when you have a Nexus (CrackFlashe
286 Posts
i asked the wife (as a test) to find me the latest aokp release rom. she got it on her first try, including changelog... .39 (and all the milestones available)
i asked her to find the latest gummy rom. she found several versions back. but not the latest linaro build. she found the nightlies eventually and asked why they were not in chronological order. anyway... she found no changelog of core level changes... and said it looked like the limited info Verizon and moto release with their updates... shes the one that told me the changelog looked like a flyer a while back

hey... at least it keeps most of the "newbz" off our rom
um not capping on the devs and the rom at all... but we need a PR person for gummy, and i know there are many people willing to do it...

(taptalk2)

· ROM Psycho
1,099 Posts
but we need a PR person for gummy, and i know there are many people willing to do it...

(taptalk2)
I agree... but gotta remember newbs = new members /fans and that means more interest, I would say the more fans/ followers there are the better the ROM will do. Without a good website/ Forum support or anything the ROM wont gain as much notoriety it potentially could. If its not getting interest 3rd party reviews may not bother featuring the ROM which can only hurt it. Also no fans = no donations.

I posted a thread about their website in which Kejar responded it was being taken down. That essentially leaves only twitter. Even rootz forums could use more attention from them.

I love Gummy's work but I fear they may be falling out. I hope its not the case. Gummy by far is my favorite.

I don't want to insult them but there are numerous posts around the different forums about how the thread is never updated/request go un answered/ and lack of dev involvement in the community. I believe that is turning people off from the ROM as well.

All we can do is hope for is a possible gummy revamp is in the works.

· Registered
266 Posts
hey dd, i agree with everything your saying and then some, i think these koool dudes wanna fly below the radar at least in my opinion, they might not want to devote the time for almost another full time job,lol,, they have an awesome product that could kick some ass out of other roms but may not be glory hounds ??? steve

· ROM Psycho
1,099 Posts
hey dd, i agree with everything your saying and then some, i think these koool dudes wanna fly below the radar at least in my opinion, they might not want to devote the time for almost another full time job,lol,, they have an awesome product that could kick some ass out of other roms but may not be glory hounds ??? steve
Yeah you could be right, the only ones who can answer that would be them. They tried recently raising money for a SGIII with the T-shirts but Kejar reported it wasn't up to expectations. Again, if there was a larger fan base it would have been much easier. There are pro's and con's to keeping a low profile.

· ROM Psycho
1,099 Posts
If anyone wants to build a website, I would be happy to help maintain it with content. The live change log fell through though.
Well I wouldn't mind helping either. Every time I try to get a hold of ANYONE from Gummy I never get a response. I even started a thread about their website. I have gotten 1 response from them and all it said was the website was coming down. I have sent several of them tweets on twitter and never gotten a response. I love their work but their communication with the community is horrible. Old outdated, non updated threads. Un answered emails, posts, tweets gets really irritating.

I am not the first one to mention this either. Look on all the forums under the Gummy threads. People are upset that there is no dev involvement. Back when I had my droid charge they were awesome. Dunno what happened.

· Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Well I wouldn't mind helping either. Every time I try to get a hold of ANYONE from Gummy I never get a response. I even started a thread about their website. I have gotten 1 response from them and all it said was the website was coming down. I have sent several of them tweets on twitter and never gotten a response. I love their work but their communication with the community is horrible. Old outdated, non updated threads. Un answered emails, posts, tweets gets really irritating.

I am not the first one to mention this either. Look on all the forums under the Gummy threads. People are upset that there is no dev involvement. Back when I had my droid charge they were awesome. Dunno what happened.
Not entirely true.... I'm pretty active in the moto threads (don't go into the others since I don't have them and don't want to give wrong info) and pretty much always reply to pm's/tweets. You have to keep in mind that Adam and Kejar both also have personal lives and I'm sure get quite a few mentions etc on a daily basis.

As for "Old outdated, non updated threads", They are updated for releases and always have been. Test builds and nightlies are not releases, they are just that: test builds and nightlies. If you want changelogs on nightlies then go look through the commit log's, can't really tell you anything else to do. It was stated when nightlies were started that there would not be changelogs for them.

If you need something answered feel free to get in touch with me if you want. I only deal with moto's so limited help outside of them.

· ROM Psycho
1,099 Posts
Not entirely true.... I'm pretty active in the moto threads (don't go into the others since I don't have them and don't want to give wrong info) and pretty much always reply to pm's/tweets. You have to keep in mind that Adam and Kejar both also have personal lives and I'm sure get quite a few mentions etc on a daily basis.

As for "Old outdated, non updated threads", They are updated for releases and always have been. Test builds and nightlies are not releases, they are just that: test builds and nightlies. If you want changelogs on nightlies then go look through the commit log's, can't really tell you anything else to do. It was stated when nightlies were started that there would not be changelogs for them.

If you need something answered feel free to get in touch with me if you want. I only deal with moto's so limited help outside of them.
I understand, if you look through my numerous posts I have said the same thing about the change logs to multiple people. I wasn't too clear I guess on that one. People in the community complain that the threads are out dated and not up to date. I was speaking on the general comments made from many people I have seen posting here on rootz and other threads.

The comment about sending emails, tweets and posts that is first hand. I have sent a bunch and little has gotten answered. Yes I understand that they do have lives and do this for fun. I appreciate that. I (and others) are just saying chiming in the forums more than once every few weeks would be nice. People want to feel that their devs are involved and respond to their questions, requests, comments etc. If you are active in the Moto section thats great, too bad we can have someone who is active in every forum. I know I am just not the only one looking for a bit more dev support in the nexus area.

Again I really love Team Gummy's work. Been running it since my Charge. I am just kinda pointing out what some people are stating on rootz and other threads.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts