Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started with 2.0 and when they came out with 2.1 for gingerbread it made me happy. I upgraded to it as soon as possible and when i first started using it, it was great but as time goes my phone will freeze or get really laggy, i have also had times where it will not allow me to turn my screen on, but i know it is still running because i will have music playing. Does anyone know of a fix for this?

·
Average Android
192 Posts
Upgrade to a newer ROM. You can try reinstalling, tweaking, etc, but it'll still be built on EP1W. The newer ROMs (or even stock OTA GB) will probably have much more consistent performance. Maybe try installing stock GB (plus a theme or something if you want) and see if you get better results.

·
Editor
876 Posts
Give Imnuts' InfinityROM a try. I am having a great experience with it.

·
Android Beginner
13 Posts
I had this problem many times. My most recent flash seems to have gotten rid of it though... Give Imoseyon's kernel a try. Just don't enable any of the custom CPU governors, though. Everytime I tried one of them, I would experience the same lag problems and also watch my battery drain ~twice as fast as normal. My latest flash uses the same kernel but doesn't use the CPU governors and I haven't once experienced that lag issue and my battery life has been GREAT!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.