Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen to me. The phone appears dead and you cannot power it on via usb or battery and ODIN does not detect it. I tried every method and combination to get it into download mode and nothing worked. How I got it fixed, and I cannot explain it nor does it make any sense, but I unplugged the USB cable and removed the battery and let the phone sit for 1 hour (approximately). After the hour I held the volume down button and inserted the battery and it showed the download screen and ODIN detected it. I than flashed the Samsung_i500_Mesmerize_DI14 firmware the selected the re-partition option. The phone successfully downgraded the firmware and everything functioned properly. I than upgraded to Gingerbread via ODIN and made sure that the re-partition option was NOT selected.

Hopefully this helps you or someone else that may experience this problem.

(Edited post to enter correct firmware name)

·
Android Beginner
3 Posts
chilangopwn said:
Thank you guys I had this issue last night but since my mesmerize was my internet provider I couldn't post. I currently attempted to boot up again and nothing it seemed dead just like last night. Then I tried going into download and it worked by grace of God. I'm currently reverting to stock Froyo since I have correctly flashed it before without problems. I want to know if I just flash the pre-root GB onto my mes using directly from stock Froyo? I would use Odin so if it is possibly would you tell me if I need to check anything like re-partition or otherwise another checkbox?
After I downgraded to Froyo I than upgraded to Gingerbread via ODIN. I used the pre-root Gingerbread firmware found here. The options I had selected in ODIN was Auto Reboot, and F.Reset Time. I than used the PIT file and PDA file that was in the pre-root Gingerbread firmware. I noticed once I added the firmware in ODIN it automatically checked the Re-Partition box. This time I made sure that it was NOT checked before I clicked on the start button.

This is what I did to upgrade to Gingerbread and my phone is working perfectly for the past couple days.

I am using ODIN3 v.1.70 if it matters at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts