Android OS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been on CM4DX for the longest time and loved that we could remap the search key SHORT press (I use tasker to remap long press). After trying a few others including Miui and OMFGB, it seems this feature is not included. Am I missing something? Is there maybe a 3rd party app that could do this for me? I liked having my SMS inbox set to the short press and my browser set to long press.

·
Dirtbag and a jerk!
262 Posts
Unfortantly OMFGB doesnt have that feature at this time. I havent heard of another app that will do it i guess your best bet would just be to use tasker again to do that.

·
Carbon-Based Robotic Tech Machine
2,243 Posts
muddy83gmc said:
I had been on CM4DX for the longest time and loved that we could remap the search key SHORT press (I use tasker to remap long press). After trying a few others including Miui and OMFGB, it seems this feature is not included. Am I missing something? Is there maybe a 3rd party app that could do this for me? I liked having my SMS inbox set to the short press and my browser set to long press.
I was going to suggest editing the key layout files, but I don't think remapping the hardkeys will help. It looks as though in CM7 it is a piece of code that actually intercepts the search press and launches an intent which the code interprets. My code knowledge is not that high, so I can't help you get there. I definitely have not seen any apps that will do it for the short press though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts