Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a HP touchpad running cm7 alpha 3.5. What im finding is that 95% of the videos i have do not support hardware acceleration. I have tried a variety of applications, but i heard mx video player is supposed to be the best so i've been primarily using that one.

However, when i try swtiching the playback mode from sofware / software fast to hardware acceleration, i end up getting a message about not being able to play this video using the h/w decoder.

It's happening to the majority of video file formats, ie .wmv, .mpg, .mp4, etc. Is there something wrong with my touchpad or is there some kind of fix? Thanks.

· Average Android
156 Posts
I have Hardward accel on my cm7 alpha 3.5, not sure what problems you're having.
CM9 doesn't have hardware accel, but cm7 alpha 3.5 definitely has hardware accel for sure.

· Registered
224 Posts
I was never able to get the hardware decoder in MX Player to work, not even in CM7. I just use SW(Fast) and it works well enough for me with up to 720p video, which is already going to be downsampled to fit the Touchpad's lower resolution. 1080p is just overkill on the Touchpad, and the difference in quality will be unnoticeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.