Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Rocking the Nexii
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While we have some awesome developers and some great roms for our phone.. Where have all the developers gone? With the exception of the crew in sturdy click, and framework for the miui port, it seems like most devs have moved on to new platforms.

Have folks given up on the x? Has motorola won with their never to be unlocked bootloader? (2nd init helped pave the way for a few roms, don't get me wrong)

Maybe that it's becuase I was used to the HTC scene where a new rom was out almost every other day.
Is it this forum vs the drama of xda?

Don't let this device die. It has so much life left!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Lover
173 Posts
DjCalvin said:
While we have some awesome developers and some great roms for our phone.. Where have all the developers gone? With the exception of the crew in sturdy click, and framework for the miui port, it seems like most devs have moved on to new platforms.

Have folks given up on the x? Has motorola won with their never to be unlocked bootloader? (2nd init helped pave the way for a few roms, don't get me wrong)

Maybe that it's becuase I was used to the HTC scene where a new rom was out almost every other day.

Follow some of the devs on twitter...DROID x is def. Not dead or dying..2nd init is booting on gb kernel so look for our fav roms to be ported soon.

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
Stalled or died? It's never been better. CM7, OMGB, OMFGB, MIUI, Liquid, Chevy's rom. And there's still the og devs.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
The X is by no means dead. But if devs prioritize based on forum posts then development may have suffered some due to the overwhelming concerns of battery life and percentages, etc. These phones have computing power and functionality that exceeds the first couple laptops I owned. We are fortunate to get what we do from our little batteries. Lets pimp these phones out and see what they can do!

·
Rocking the Nexii
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bobAbooey said:
Stalled or died? It's never been better. CM7, OMGB, OMFGB, MIUI, Liquid, Chevy's rom. And there's still the og devs.
Yes we have the roms, when was the last the majority of these were updated though? June?

I agree with the next poster, battery life can be a killer of roms.

This topic was simply meant to be a question, I am not throwing any devs under the bus.

·
Rocking the Nexii
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Libbydude said:
The X is by no means dead. But if devs prioritize based on forum posts then development may have suffered some due to the overwhelming concerns of battery life and percentages, etc. These phones have computing power and functionality that exceeds the first couple laptops I owned. We are fortunate to get what we do from our little batteries. Lets pimp these phones out and see what they can do!
I thinks what I am mainly seeing, who knows, they are probably working on a super duper mega rom that will blow the pants off this device.

Yeah, I Do not miss my 386 laptop suitcase.

·
Android Lover
462 Posts
Every rom that is been built people don't focus on the rom and what it can do. They always focus on battery life, that's all they care about. Why would you even build a rom when people are gonna complain that it sucks because the battery life is horrible.
It isn't everyone though some people get really excited about the rom and the features and what it does for them in there daily life. My phone is a tool for me that helps me in my life. I am not stuck on battery life.
It would be nice if the forums could have a section devoted to better life discussion for roms to make features easier read about and simplify rom selection.
Cheers to the dev's that we do have.

Sent from my DROIDX using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Apprentice
11 Posts
DjCalvin said:
Yes we have the roms, when was the last the majority of these were updated though? June?

I agree with the next poster, battery life can be a killer of roms.

This topic was simply meant to be a question, I am not throwing any devs under the bus.
ChevyNo1 just came up with an update two days ago, CM7 has nightlies. MIUI weeklies get ported every week by Framework43, and he and RevNumbers are actively working to port 2nd Init ROMs to the new GB kernel.
However, I am concerned that Fab hasn't updated ApeX from RC2 in a while.

·
Rocking the Nexii
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Battery life is different for everyone on every day. It's like benchmarks.. They should not be used solely to reccomend/or not recommended a rom.

·
Android Apprentice
67 Posts
"deathtrap said:
ChevyNo1 just came up with an update two days ago, CM7 has nightlies. MIUI weeklies get ported every week by Framework43, and he and RevNumbers are actively working to port 2nd Init ROMs to the new GB kernel.

You should follow @Bigxie so you don't have to be concerned. "@bigxie: I'm still around, but yeah, haven't been to the forums in a while, a little busy. Still hope to look at 602 this weekend though."

·
Android Apprentice
67 Posts
"DjCalvin said:

OP, I'm not sure why you feel this way man. I've never been more excited about owning my X than I am now. As others have stated, 2nd init has opened up doors that were locked for a long time, and now they are persistently working on getting it running on the GB kernel. You should get a twitter account and check out the chatter between the big hitters....you won't be concerned anymore.

·
Android Apprentice
67 Posts
Also, I believe "discussion" type threads like this are supposed to be posted in the general Droid X forum, not the "developer" forum. I was under the impression that this is where rom release threads and development discussion goes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
"RageXmods said:
Also, I believe "discussion" type threads like this are supposed to be posted in the general Droid X forum, not the "developer" forum. I was under the impression that this is where rom release threads and development discussion goes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I suppose one of the mods can move the thread if needed.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
"deathtrap said:

Where might I obtain this Chevy update?

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
Moved to non dev. Lol. And the x.is deff winning right now more than ever. I talk to some of the big hitters here on our site. And there's deff even more awesomeness to come. Like everyone said the gb kernel is a huge thing that devs are working on right now

·
Developer
190 Posts
Yes. I am taking all the Droid X Developers with me, and we are moving to Canada where we will only work on GSM phones and have free health care! :D

·
Dirtbag and a jerk!
262 Posts
Framework43 said:
Yes. I am taking all the Droid X Developers with me, and we are moving to Canada where we will only work on GSM phones and have free health care! :D
Oh the horror the horror!!! Wont somebody please think of the children.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
"DjCalvin said:
I thinks what I am mainly seeing, who knows, they are probably working on a super duper mega rom that will blow the pants off this device.

Yeah, I Do not miss my 386 laptop suitcase.

386? You're dating yourself there friend! LOL! I wasn't even going that far back. I was referring to a circa 2000 thinkpad.

·
Android Apprentice
47 Posts
"Framework43 said:
If you're gonna try to run you better set your sights farther than Canada! And I think you might be misinformed of the cost of their health care. LOL

·
Android Master
1,434 Posts
"Framework43 said:
Damn you scuba steve

1 - 20 of 37 Posts