Android OS Forum banner

Have a development board?

7K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Melon Bread 
#1 ·
Just picked up a beagle board
, waiting on another cable to be in full production. Anyone else have a development board or ADK and have any cool projects you have been working on or tried?

Im running the BeagleBoard C4, bought it from LiquidWare.com

See less See more
#3 ·
I have an ADK with a couple servos.. I brought it with me on vacation to create a project in my spare time... I have instead been xml editing in Eclipse(arghh...). I really want to get a project started but have yet to do so. I was thinking of getting a couple more accessories so that I could set up a repeater, small solar panel and some additional weather gauges and create a remote weather station up in the mountains, although, I think making a small robot first for amusement purposes would be in order.

#5 ·
I think that the adk environment setup was fairly easy. I chose to do it on a win7 64 bit setup. Drivers were just a slight pita. The Arduino app comes with some samples to upload and is fun and fairly easy. I have barely even started messing around with the shield that came in the kit.

This is my first board and the Arduino setup seems pretty easy. Looking forward to tinkering in my spare time on it.

Get your cable yet?

#12 ·
Didn't realize these existed. Awareness is compelling me into trying to obtain one of these:

http://shop.moderndevice.com/products/freeduino-usb-host-board

It makes me think that in addition to raising funds for dev phones for established developers, perhaps the site could also put together a pool to buy one of these or a similar device for noob devs. That would potentially encourage new blood to enter into the fray and thereby expanding the pool of resources that the community has at its disposal. Just a thought.

#14 ·
SpinningHook said:
Didn't realize these existed. Awareness is compelling me into trying to obtain one of these:

http://shop.moderndevice.com/products/freeduino-usb-host-board

It makes me think that in addition to raising funds for dev phones for established developers, perhaps the site could also put together a pool to buy one of these or a similar device for noob devs. That would potentially encourage new blood to enter into the fray and thereby expanding the pool of resources that the community has at its disposal. Just a thought.
Good idea.... I'll think about it :)

#16 ·
I have the Google IO ADK with the DemoKit shield, and it is pretty neat

Still trying to think of something to do with it

Friend of mine and I think it would be cool to build it into a plane to control the servos into a racetrack flight pattern, record video, gps, wifi, etc

I dunno, just thinking out loud

#19 ·
ok, so I'm now the proud owner of a seeeduino board.
My Project: My garage door remote is screwed. I'm going to make a remote that will just trigger the switch in the garage and open the door, as well as being able to turn the light on and off inside.

Nothing too spectacular, but needed! I'll put up screen shots with any progress.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.