Android OS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
googlr
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Long time listener, first time caller. I've been working on some theme projects (new and old) for the themechooser.apk. I have bugged everyone on twitter to get what I needed to build via Linux. Now that I feel I am a little closer with the progress, I figured I would join an awesome forum, ask questions, and post goodies with the outcome. I switched everything to an external hard drive so I basically had to start over. I had it (somewhat) working before but this time around I haven't been as lucky. Here is what I am doing. I am running Ubuntu 10.10 x64 bit.

This Happens

Then This

Still Working

After I 'make' I seem to have an issue. No such file or directory makes me scared for some reason.

After about a minute of silence and nail biting, it continues to work.

Then I get this. Is system fs image BEING installed, or is this something I need to install? WTF??

According to @Haxzamatics guide, I am supposed to navigate to the 'out' folder and find the compiled .apk there

With the issues mentioned above, I'm not sure if I'm holding it wrong, because I navigate to the out folder and I don't see an .apk of any kind.

I did however see that something was being placed in this location, while the 'make' was taking place.

So....
Am I screwing everything up with that framework error?
Install system fs image? Huh?
and...
Where is the compiled .apk (out) after the 'make'?

Thank you everyone who responds to this post.

·
Trenton
268 Posts
I would like to know the meaning of this. what are you trying to accomplish here? all of this just to get the templatebread.apk?....

I'm sure you know that you can just download the templatebread,(link) right?

so whats going on here? lol.

·
Themer
50 Posts
instead of using the command make, try using make -j2 [yourthemename] without those parentheses. It should make the way you are doing it but this will only build your theme apk, and if something is erroring you will be able to better see it. And it may be easier to help you out then

·
Trenton
268 Posts
Thanks. Ill be watching this thread. What are the benefits of building it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
googlr
56 Posts
Jatx2wne said:
instead of using the command make, try using make -j2 [yourthemename] without those parentheses. It should make the way you are doing it but this will only build your theme apk, and if something is erroring you will be able to better see it. And it may be easier to help you out then
Thanks man, I'll try tomorrow after work.

EDIT: Tried the make -j2 [themename] command and I'm still getting the error.

After 30 seconds or so, it stops :(

Trenton said:
Thanks. Ill be watching this thread. What are the benefits of building it?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
It's something I find rewarding. To build something from source is nothing short of amazing.

·
Themer
50 Posts
there are 2 make files one is in your theme Forever/Android.mk inside this file make sure youve changed the name template to your theme name, then the other make file is vendor/tmobile/products/themes/theme-base.mk and in that one you need to add your theme name. Im guessing its one of those two things, le tme know if it works if not ill keep thinking

·
I am The reason you are theming
691 Posts
you are looking in the wrong spot. Themes/Out/target/product/generic/system/apps you will find your apk there if it compiled correctly

·
googlr
56 Posts
Jatx2wne said:
there are 2 make files one is in your theme Forever/Android.mk inside this file make sure youve changed the name template to your theme name, then the other make file is vendor/tmobile/products/themes/theme-base.mk and in that one you need to add your theme name. Im guessing its one of those two things, le tme know if it works if not ill keep thinking
Ok SWEET! Both of these posts helped. I wasn't aware of the TWO make files.

bgill55 said:
you are looking in the wrong spot. Themes/Out/target/product/generic/system/apps you will find your apk there if it compiled correctly
I love you! You had to expect something like this from me though right?

Keywords: "If it compiled correctly"

·
Themer
575 Posts
Rola, u still having some issues or u get it worked out.

·
googlr
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nmiltner said:
Rola, u still having some issues or u get it worked out.
I got it worked out for the most part....Now its just the matter of seeing what I can do with this thing :) Thanks Bro! Nice work on your theme d00d!

·
Android Enthusiast
777 Posts
How are you guys making edits to styles.xml without getting errors thrown at you when compiling?

Also, my icon.png isn't showing, but preview.png works ok, any ideas?

·
googlr
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bouchigo said:
How are you guys making edits to styles.xml without getting errors thrown at you when compiling?

Also, my icon.png isn't showing, but preview.png works ok, any ideas?
Are you adding your modifications to android.xml as well? see here--> nhnt11

·
Android Enthusiast
777 Posts
Yeah, I got it already, thanks though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts