Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Android Junkie
529 Posts
I take 0 credit for this file, but I have rehosted and used it myself. Here is the 1080P Version of the Netflix app.​

http://www.mediafire...i7j7mdqsgypm9cs
MD5 - 4CD35DA0E4D392538462BDC390544561
Dont be Tricked!

The app does NOT go full screen like the market version of the Netflix app, but the quality is 10x better. For a test I watched both Tron and Toy Story 3 for 5 minutes each on both apps to allow enough time to buffer. There is no graininess on the HD app and it just pops more. Test both out and see the difference!

* I believe this is from the RAZR but dont quote me on that

I did some HD and Non-HD testing. Now Im running a LTE Nexus on 4.0.2 w/Revolutionary 2.1.0. Ive seen issues with the GSM Nexus not being able to install, but it works perfect on mine. No issues, which is weird. But heres some HD and Non HD photos for comparison:
HD above NON HD below

I attempted to get the same shot in each frame, but it was a little tough lol.

·
Android Junkie
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ERIFNOMI said:
The regular app won't go to 720? That's the native res of the screen after all...
Nope. It stretches to full screen but there is a very noticeable quality difference on the HD app.

·
Supporting Member - aka crack giver
437 Posts
Interesting....my Gnex is not rooted yet but would get this once I do... Anyone get it to work?
I dont think you have to be rooted to side load the apps, just go to settings --> security -->and click "unknown sources" which allows you to use amazon app store and such

edit:

like yakitori it wont load for me as well

·
Android Junkie
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FastCR said:
where did the 1080 apk come from?
Honestly like I posted in the OP I found a thread on another forum asking about it and someone found it through a Google search. I tried it and it worked. I may try to pull my wife's razr version and check it. I recall the razr was supposed to have the HD app first

·
Android Junkie
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Updated the OP with a corrected file. Im sorry, it seems the file got corrupted on upload.

·
Android Apprentice
84 Posts
Anyone notice the blacks within the movie itself (not the letterbox) are obnoxiously increased?... They're like.. .a bright shade of grey!

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
kman79 said:
No Joy for me either. It installs, but wont run
Runs, but when I start a movie it quits as soon as the movie is about to start.

Any trick I'm missing?

·
Android Beginner
12 Posts
Trying to revert to the Netflix in the market because I cannot get this buold ro play video and everything now comes back with error 13009. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache/dalvik, and fixed permissions. Any other ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Member
4,550 Posts
Tavella said:
Trying to revert to the Netflix in the market because I cannot get this buold ro play video and everything now comes back with error 13009. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, cleared cache/dalvik, and fixed permissions. Any other ideas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Odd, Market installed standard Netflix right over the HD version.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Worked for me, no ROM yet installed and it installed over top of current Netflix. Video is clear and crisp, near full screen. Its a lil choppy tho the audio is normal. At time the video pauses while audio plays then the video speeds to catch up. Don't really like it but worth trying

1 - 20 of 24 Posts