okay , i was instilled android 2.7.3 alpha 2 on hp touchpad​
every thing's ok , but when i jact the headphone/headspraker cable​
i noticed the speaker of touchpad's still working !​

how can fix that to use headphone without working speaker ?​

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Update to alpha 3 and insert the headphones before you open the music app
Alpha 2.1 was supposed to have fixed the "speaker does not turn off when headphones plugged in" problem that existed in Alpha one. He may want to check and be sure it was A2.1 that he actually installed. A3 has the issue you describe and what you suggest is the work-a-round until hopefully ICS. My install of A2.1 works correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alpha 2.1 was supposed to have fixed the "speaker does not turn off when headphones plugged in" problem that existed in Alpha one. He may want to check and be sure it was A2.1 that he actually installed. A3 has the issue you describe and what you suggest is the work-a-round until hopefully ICS. My install of A2.1 works correctly.
i'm sure it's was A2.0 not A2.1 appear to be cause of the problem !

thank you

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Go into dsp settings and turn bass boost on and off. This fixes my silent headphone and dual sound issue.
And where does one find DSP settings? Does this fix it permanently?

I found that if I plan on using my headset, I plug it in before I boot my TouchPad and after it is booted up, I can plug them in and the speaker goes off and the headset
works correctly, ie, proper sound levels. I can plug and unplug them as much as I want with out issue. BTW, this is using Alpha 3.5.

·
Androidlicious!
51 Posts
nevertells said:
And where does one find DSP settings? Does this fix it permanently?

I found that if I plan on using my headset, I plug it in before I boot my TouchPad and after it is booted up, I can plug them in and the speaker goes off and the headset
works correctly, ie, proper sound levels. I can plug and unplug them as much as I want with out issue. BTW, this is using Alpha 3.5.
Its a stand alone app. Just called DSP settings. Should be in your app drawer. Sometimes, to get headphones to work you have to go and cycle the equalizer and/or bass boot off and back on again.

Like that show "The IT Crowd"... "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?"

Great show... on Netflix.

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Its a stand alone app. Just called DSP settings. Should be in your app drawer. Sometimes, to get headphones to work you have to go and cycle the equalizer and/or bass boot off and back on again.

Like that show "The IT Crowd"... "Have you tried turning it off and back on again?"

Great show... on Netflix.
I'll check that out. Testing A3.5 I have found that if I boot with the headphones plugged in, I have no problems plugging and unplugging the headphones. Speakers turn off like they are supposed to, headphone sound works correctly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts