Android OS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done everything to get into clockwork recovery, I did the power hold option and select reboot into recovery, and I have tried reboot into recovery from ROM Manager, help!

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bretth18 said:
Odd, What Nightly build are you running?
no nightly, original beta, for some reason every time I did try to install a nightly when I could get into clockwork it aborted with some kernal check error and status 7

·
Themer
282 Posts
I'd recommended an sbf. Just root froyo and flash TBH monster updater then flash the latest nightly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AndroidSims said:
I'd recommended an sbf. Just root froyo and flash TBH monster updater then flash the latest nightly.

thats what I was afraid of. . .

·
Droid Journeyman
274 Posts
Before you sbf try this. Go to your sd card /clockworkmod/?recoveries? (Not sure of the full name of the last folder. But anyway rename all of the reciveries you have downloaded to have a .bak at the end. Then go into clockwork and flash the recovery again. I was having problems and this worked fo me.

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
Are you suggesting he boot into clockwork and restore a backup in order to solve his problem of not being able to boot into clockwork?

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Droid Journeyman
274 Posts
No im not. Im suggesting he reinstall the recovery. Clockwork sometimes need to have old recoveries removed from the sd card before flashing a new on. I guess what i meant was go int rom manager (not clockwork) to reinstall the recovery. Sorry for the typo.

·
Android Apprentice
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
manigma77 said:
No im not. Im suggesting he reinstall the recovery. Clockwork sometimes need to have old recoveries removed from the sd card before flashing a new on. I guess what i meant was go int rom manager (not clockwork) to reinstall the recovery. Sorry for the typo.

holy crap! that worked! thank you
. now if only I could install nightlies . . .

·
I just hide here
2,237 Posts
dtpacula said:
holy crap! that worked! thank you
. now if only I could install nightlies . . .
u deff need to install the nightlies....theres pretty much nothing working in the origanal build...like they said before flash the .340 sbf and then root it using z4root and then load the most updated nightly found Here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts