Android OS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here is exactly what happened...

This morning when I woke up I saw that I had a missed call and had a voicemail. What was weird was that is showed up with as a traditional voicemail and the notification linked me to call the Verizon *86 rather then direct me to the Google Voice recording of the message. What was also weird was that the 'clear' button was no where to be found on the notifications pulldown. I couldn't get rid of the little icon at the top of my phone (so annoying).

So i did what anyone would do and restarted my phone.

Well now when it restarts i get about 5 seconds of the unlock screen that is usually frozen or only responds partly, and then the phone turns off and restarts. It will keep doing this until I take the battery out.

HELP!

This is my first time posting. I have been reading and patiently waiting for a root solution for my Rezound which is my first smart phone. Thanks for anyone that can help. Ill prob just be taking it to the store later anyway.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did you do any of the temp-root debloating or is this still 100% stock? Either way you can always try a hard reset to factory. Power down, hold power and volume down to get to the hboot menu and choose reset to factory. If it still reboots after that it was gnashed anyway and your only recourse may be to return/exchange it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds like a hard-reset is in your future. Pull battery, reinsert batter, hold POWER and VOLUME DOWN until bootloader appears. Select "Clear Storage" and hit POWER. Should be good to go.

Remember, you will lose everything on your phone, excluding what is on the SD card.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Happened to me last weekend did the factory reset mentioned above and have had no more problems.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea it was stock.

I called Verizon and they had me do the factory reset. Bah I was just getting all me settings to where I wanted them...

Thanks everyone!

·
Android Beginner
49 Posts
AdamNH said:
So here is exactly what happened...

This morning when I woke up I saw that I had a missed call and had a voicemail. What was weird was that is showed up with as a traditional voicemail and the notification linked me to call the Verizon *86 rather then direct me to the Google Voice recording of the message. What was also weird was that the 'clear' button was no where to be found on the notifications pulldown. I couldn't get rid of the little icon at the top of my phone (so annoying).

So i did what anyone would do and restarted my phone.

Well now when it restarts i get about 5 seconds of the unlock screen that is usually frozen or only responds partly, and then the phone turns off and restarts. It will keep doing this until I take the battery out.

HELP!

This is my first time posting. I have been reading and patiently waiting for a root solution for my Rezound which is my first smart phone. Thanks for anyone that can help. Ill prob just be taking it to the store later anyway.
FWIW, this happened to me on my second rezound. I did absolutely nothing to it. I noticed that my leg was getting hot and that I could see my display from inside of my pocket (this was after having it for 8 hours, 100% stock). It rebooted endlessly. The techs on the phone asked me to try hard resetting but even that didn't work as it rebooted as it attempted to complete. Ended up exchanging it for my current one.

·
Android Beginner
44 Posts
Sounds like a hard-reset is in your future. Pull battery, reinsert batter, hold POWER and VOLUME DOWN until bootloader appears. Select "Clear Storage" and hit POWER. Should be good to go.

Remember, you will lose everything on your phone, excluding what is on the SD card.
Clear storage, factory reset?

·
Android Apprentice
31 Posts
That happened to me a couple nights ago, I even tried factory resetting it in the bootloader, but it didn't solve the problem. I ended up pulling everything including my sim card for a couple minutes, and when I put everything back and turned it on, it worked.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sad face on no Thanks, since I knew that's what Verizon would tell you to do anyway.
Thank you, SC, I figured I would have to do something like that but seeing that I am new to the smartphone arena it was nice to have the helpful Verizon tech guy walk me through it.

Disappointing to see that others are having this problem. Might this be a bug that HTC might fix with an update?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just wanted to let Rezound owners know that I had this problem happen again and a tech at VZ diagnosed that my phone had problems reading the SIM card. They replaced it with a new one.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
AdamNH said:
Just wanted to let Rezound owners know that I had this problem happen again and a tech at VZ diagnosed that my phone had problems reading the SIM card. They replaced it with a new one.
was that you in the Beverly ma store? If so I was the one that helped you lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts