Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
268 Posts
I'm not sure what happened, but my SD card appears to be corrupt, and BootManager is trying to boot from it. My phone can't read it in CWM, and when I try to mount it as USB storage, my computer says its unreadable, and Disk Utility only shows a 209.7 mb unformatted partition.

Last time I muck around with BootManager, but I'm hoping like hell there's a way I can fix it. I can get into CWM recovery, but I can't do anything from there.

Edit: Ok, so I have a microSD-->SD card adapater, and I threw it in my macbook's reader, and it shows up right away, so I immediately grabbed my BootManager backup off the card.
Any clue what to do from here? Totally format the card, stick the backup on it and home CWM recognizes it?
 

·
Android Enthusiast
Joined
·
30 Posts
I would copy all the files from your card and then format it and then put them back on. In the bootmanager folder there's another folder called phonerom with an update.zip in it. Flash that in cwm and you'll boot back into your phone rom
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curiosity said:
I would copy all the files from your card and then format it and then put them back on. In the bootmanager folder there's another folder called phonerom with an update.zip in it. Flash that in cwm and you'll boot back into your phone rom
Yeah, I was able to do that, but I got an error and the installation of the update.zip failed. I guess the next thing to do is to try to install a ROM? Will that wipe the boot problem?

Thanks for the help!
 

·
teh Jax
Joined
·
2,677 Posts
tekhna said:
Yeah, I was able to do that, but I got an error and the installation of the update.zip failed. I guess the next thing to do is to try to install a ROM? Will that wipe the boot problem?

Thanks for the help!
Yeah, flashing your rom will wipe the boot manager's boot-to-sd stuff.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jaxidian said:
Yeah, flashing your rom will wipe the boot manager's boot-to-sd stuff.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Thanks, that did it. The bizarre thing is I have no idea what happened to my microSD card. OS X couldn't read it from CWM, but when I stuck it into my computer, it could read it, but not write to it, so no formatting. Out of desperation, I stuck it into my camera, as that had been able to format other SD cards before, and it was able to format it, but OS X still saw it as read only. I stuck in my phone, and CWM was able to format it. I stuck BAMF on there, flashed it, and I was good to go.
 

·
Android Enthusiast
Joined
·
30 Posts
tekhna said:
Thanks, that did it. The bizarre thing is I have no idea what happened to my microSD card. OS X couldn't read it from CWM, but when I stuck it into my computer, it could read it, but not write to it, so no formatting. Out of desperation, I stuck it into my camera, as that had been able to format other SD cards before, and it was able to format it, but OS X still saw it as read only. I stuck in my phone, and CWM was able to format it. I stuck BAMF on there, flashed it, and I was good to go.
Was the tiny little switch on the SD card reader that blocks writing put in lock mode by any chance?
 

·
Android Lover
Joined
·
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Curiosity said:
Was the tiny little switch on the SD card reader that blocks writing put in lock mode by any chance?
Heh, no--first thing I checked after the panic subsided. I wonder if I file corrupted or something, making it read-only.
 

·
Android Apprentice
Joined
·
50 Posts
Mine just did the same thing as that I couldn't put any files onto it and I couldn't erase or format it. I was able to copy everything off of it and I just went and bought a new card. Any idea on how to recover it? I really don't want to have to throw away a 32GB card.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top