Android OS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was running webOS, I went to cyboot and choose to make next boot android. Now, I am permanently in android. No matter how many times I reboot, I cannot escape it. I can't get to clockwork to update to alpha 0.5, and I'm now stuck.

I found /boot/moboot.next in the file explorer, but even with root, I can't remove the file because it's mounted as read only, and I can't figure out how to change that.

Is there any way I can get out of this without having to use webOS doctor?

·
Android Apprentice
192 Posts
you may want to try just reinstalling moboot with ACMEinstaller2. Copy the moboot zip file to the cminstall folder, reboot your touchpad holding the volume up button until you get the white usb icon, thentype the same novacom command as when you installed Android. It will install any zip files sitting in the cminstall folder.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Either use what Brawlking told you or get root explorer (or ES File Explorer) and mount /boot volume as "rw". Then you will be able to edit the moboot.default (for the default boot partition) and moboot.next (for which partition to boot next time you reboot your touchpad).

·
Android Apprentice
14 Posts
Either use what Brawlking told you or get root explorer (or ES File Explorer) and mount /boot volume as "rw". Then you will be able to edit the moboot.default (for the default boot partition) and moboot.next (for which partition to boot next time you reboot your touchpad).
how do I mount /boot as rw?

Edit: NVM, google is my friend.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you hold vol.down at startup moboot should say "Please Release Keys" and then pause at the moboot menu allowing you back into webos so you can run cyboot again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Use the terminal app in android. Change to root with "su", remount with "
mount -o remount,rw /boot" and just delete it "rm /boot/moboot.next" and anjoy webOS again! I had the same problem!​

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
If you hold vol.down at startup moboot should say "Please Release Keys" and then pause at the moboot menu allowing you back into webos so you can run cyboot again.
I believe if moboot.next is set to "CyanogenMod", one won't even see the moboot menu and the problem is CM9 does not clear that file like CM7 does, so one had to go in and edit the file with a text editor or delete it all together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts