Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
Can you link to the Template? I'll take a look at it to see what i can find, but iirc, it's just an apk that you decompile and modify.

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
The link i gave you above has the compiled template.

APK Manager Tutorial

·
Themer
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright i did all of this, threw it in eclipse, packaged it, signed it, and thats where everything blows up. I choose the theme, and immediately every app known to man kind force closes and the notification bar goes boom boom. All my theme contains is some red icons!

·
THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN ANDROID
223 Posts
Brett there is no need to place it in eclipse at all .. it cannot build the theme ... use APK Manager or APKTool to decompile it and make changes.. then compile with APK Manager or APKTool... APK Manager will sign the apk for you once you compile it.. well you have to choose the option.. basically its 9 decompile 11 compile 12 sign .. pretty easy... if you use APKTool to decompile and compile then you will need to use jar signer to sign the apk. :)

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
Post up the last entry in the log file from when you started the compile.

Sent from 1885

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
Looks like you are missing your 1.apk file.

Copy the apktool.jar from the others folder in apk manager, and the framework-res.apk from CM7 to the c:/ (not in a folder), make sure nothing is selected, then hold Shift and right-click in open space, then select "Open Command Prompt this Location".

Type this command: java -jar apktool.jar if framework-res.apk
This will create the 1.apk that you need to decompile properly, which you need to be able to compile.

You will need the Java JRE installed. Not at my computer to get you the link, so just Google it. Let us know how it goes.

Sent from 1885

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
Well if that's all, j Judy drop then into the apk, without decompiling it. Unless you are modifying .9.pngs as well. Those need to be modified while decompiled because of the guides.

Sent from 1885

·
THE MOST INTERESTING MAN IN ANDROID
223 Posts
You can compile 9.pngs in eclipse and then drop them in....use 7-Zip to open the apk and then swap out images in the corresponding folders then close it up and save...oh delete the META-inf folder then use jar signer to sign it and it should install like a normal apk

·
Marty Mcfly/Theme Dev
912 Posts
i take it that apkmanager automagically deletes the META-inf folder when it signs? I've never had to do that before.

·
Developer
161 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts