Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 364 Posts

·
Android Beginner
160 Posts
With the release of CM9 just moments ago, I thought I would make a new version of this thread. Due to the many different changes in CM9, the old thread is now dated/useless/should really go away. So same rules apply.

*Game name*

*Version #*

* Modifications necessary for game to function properly*

Real Racing 2

Version # 000314

No modifications are necessary. In game menus have some slight graphical glitches. In gameplay is silky smooth.

Tested on CM9 Alpha0

Asphalt 6

Version # 1.0.8 (Market)

Game had been downloaded and installed on CM7. Build.prop lines changed to samsung and SGH-T989.

ro.product.model=SGH-T989
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=SGH-T989
ro.product.device=SGH-T989

Shadowgun

Version # Latest Market version

Gameplay is just fine without any modifications.

GTA III

Version # Latest Market Version

No modifications necessary. Opening credits are messed up due to Video playback issues with CM9 at this point in time.

Modern Combat 3

Version # 1.0.1

Works great! I had changed my build.prop to samsung and SGH-T989 to download the data.

ro.product.model=SGH-T989
ro.product.brand=samsung
ro.product.name=SGH-T989
ro.product.device=SGH-T989

World of Goo

Version: Unknown (.apk from humblebundle.com)

None

------------

Anomaly HD

Version: Unknown

None
-------------

Osmos HD

Version: 1.2.1 build 1328058470 (.apk from humblebundle.com)

None

-------------

EDGE

Version: 1.82.5 (.apk from humblebundle.com)

None

·
Android Apprentice
41 Posts
so would the games that didn't work for cm7 work for cm9? Like shadow guardian, lets golf 2/3? Hmm those are really the only android games that look interesting to me. Also does ics fix the widescreen problem with some games? where the sides are cut off? happened to me in trial x2 and some gameloft ones like spiderman.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hmm, so is the T989 a good model to change the build prop to? It won't change any aspects of ICS or the apps over to phone versions, right?

I looked to see if there was a tablet running 3.0+ that has close to the same specs as the Touchpad but I couldn't really find anything, mostly a bunch of phones. The LG Optimus Pad LTE is supposed to use the same processor as the Touchpad and runs Honeycomb but that won't be out until March.

·
Android Beginner
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No graphic issues in Shadowgun with cm9? The biggest reason I am still on 2.1 was because of the problems a3.5 had with games.
From the 5 minutes I played it, no issues at all except the main menu being off a little bit (same issue I had with CM7)
I havn't gotten to a cut scene yet, but my guess is it might not play to well becuase of the lack of Hardware Acelleration.

·
Android Apprentice
41 Posts
well, lets golf 3 doesn't work, tried with chainfire + all plugins, build prop sgh-t989. I'm guessing game compatibility is probably exactly the same as before with cm7. I'll prolly try shadow guardian again just to be %100 sure.

·
Registered
148 Posts
well, lets golf 3 doesn't work, tried with chainfire + all plugins, build prop sgh-t989. I'm guessing game compatibility is probably exactly the same as before with cm7. I'll prolly try shadow guardian again just to be %100 sure.
Yeah I don't think anything changed there. I still can't get Tintin (the 3D version) to work no matter what I change the build.prop to or what settings I use in Chainfire.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Still haven't had any luck with order and chaos - which worked fine on CM7. I have tried different chainfire settings (which were not needed on CM7). Files downloaded fine, but just won't get past the gameloft splashscreen.

Possibly related to the known video issue?

Also tried restoring with data the copy that was working before instead of the clean installed version. No go either way.

Shame as it's the only game I play on my TP besides madden.

1 - 20 of 364 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.