Android OS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my phone when I have 3g or 4g on I get HORRIBLE battery life. Like 4hrs at max. I can practically watch the percentage go down (like 1% a minute)and the phone gets super hot. I have bumpcharged / calibrated like 10 times now.

On wifi its fine. Amazing even. I could go days with it. And its not like I have an app thats running. Android says its all the cell usage.

Im using CM7 rc1.5.2 and MR2.5, As I was typing this post I flashed MR2 to see if it helps.

Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks :)

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im using tiamcat. Sorry. Iv tried Imo kernels too. Not the one your talking about though.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Average Android
110 Posts
In my opinion that's just how it is. My Thunderbolt is the same as yours (excellent battery on WiFi, even better when not connected to anything).

I'm running OMFGB with Imos kernel and here are rough estimates of my battery life with what I consider medium usage:

4G: 4hrs
3G: 6hrs
WiFi: 10hrs
No data: 15+hrs

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When i look at the 3g status icon I see just about every 2 seconds it lights up real fast. It seems like maybe Some app might be using lots of data. But I can figure out what because the Battery Usage tool in spareparts never says anything is using it.

·
Average Android
110 Posts
Download system panel or better battery stats. Let it run in the background and then check it and it will let you know what's pulling battery in the background.

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
Mitchell4500 said:
When i look at the 3g status icon I see just about every 2 seconds it lights up real fast. It seems like maybe Some app might be using lots of data. But I can figure out what because the Battery Usage tool in spareparts never says anything is using it.
I use chingys radio and imoseyons kernel and have no problem getting 20 hours on straight 4g with moderate use including pandora. Two apps that have doubled my battery life are 2x battery and brightness level (25% indoors and 75% outdoors).
"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does all the work" Mark Twain

·
Android Apprentice
21 Posts
Here is something I did. I just turned the phone off and let it charge to 100%. Then I unplugged it counted to 10 and plugged it back in. To my surprise it started charging again. Then I just kept doing that until the light was green when I plugged it in. Turned on the phone let it charge all the way up to 100% used a battery cal app and BAM! Great battery life... Hope this works for you.

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah Iv done that about 10 times lol :p I think it has something to do with the radio or kernel. Right now Chingy's leaked radio and Isomons kernel seems pretty good.

·
Average Android
84 Posts
"Mitchell4500 said:
Turn off update intervals on all you data using apps like Facebook and twitter you will still receive push notifications and you can refresh them manually..some refresh on launch anyways.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using RootzWiki Forums

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
.ZIP said:
Turn off update intervals on all you data using apps like Facebook and twitter you will still receive push notifications and you can refresh them manually..some refresh on launch anyways.

Sent from my ThunderBolt using RootzWiki Forums
that's what 2x battery does for you

"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does all the work" Mark Twain

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hotelmrrsn said:
that's what 2x battery does for you

Id use that app but I use Google Voice for texting and Im not sure how that would work.

·
Android Aficionado
412 Posts
"Mitchell4500 said:
Id use that app but I use Google Voice for texting and Im not sure how that would work.
Same here, that's why I've stayed away from that or Juice Defender.

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
Mitchell4500 said:
It'd be really easy to test ;)

·
Developer
56 Posts
"Mitchell4500 said:
Check out juice defender you can set which apps you want to always get data, as well as set autosync on a schedule or have it only sync your google apps and wait to check facebook and twitter every couple hours. I loved the location enable/disable for wifi when I was on sense, but it doesn't work that well on cm7 because of the network location issue.

·
Android Apprentice
55 Posts
Mitchell4500 said:
Yeah Iv done that about 10 times lol :p I think it has something to do with the radio or kernel. Right now Chingy's leaked radio and Isomons kernel seems pretty good.
My phone acts the same way on AOSP roms, horrible battery life. I am a very heavy user & it lasted 4 hours on the last cm7 version I tried. I'm on Gingeritis 1.2.x & I get 10-12 hours out of it now. No juice or battery Apps running, no change in my use & I am in a 4g area.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-R225

1 - 20 of 59 Posts