Android OS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my phone when I have 3g or 4g on I get HORRIBLE battery life. Like 4hrs at max. I can practically watch the percentage go down (like 1% a minute)and the phone gets super hot. I have bumpcharged / calibrated like 10 times now.

On wifi its fine. Amazing even. I could go days with it. And its not like I have an app thats running. Android says its all the cell usage.

Im using CM7 rc1.5.2 and MR2.5, As I was typing this post I flashed MR2 to see if it helps.

Anyone have any other ideas? Thanks :)

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When i look at the 3g status icon I see just about every 2 seconds it lights up real fast. It seems like maybe Some app might be using lots of data. But I can figure out what because the Battery Usage tool in spareparts never says anything is using it.

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Iv switched to Chingys leaked radio and Isomons kernel and it seems to be better. Battery life isnt "Great" but it dosent get hot in my pocket (hotpocket lol) anymore.

I usually keep 4g off but turn it on when I need it. I think of it as an alternative to WiFi when there is no WiFi where as my mom ALWAYS wants 4g on because she claims "its a 4g phone so it should have 4g (I agree with this). But being as 4g is new I think the best option is to use it when needed.

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Do you think using a Sense ROM would help? For me its definitely something wrong with the radio here. On WiFi I can go all day even while I set it to Never Sleep, but once I use data it is horrible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.