Android OS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Developer
56 Posts
"Mitchell4500 said:
Id use that app but I use Google Voice for texting and Im not sure how that would work.
Check out juice defender you can set which apps you want to always get data, as well as set autosync on a schedule or have it only sync your google apps and wait to check facebook and twitter every couple hours. I loved the location enable/disable for wifi when I was on sense, but it doesn't work that well on cm7 because of the network location issue.

·
Developer
56 Posts
On either one 1x, 3g, 4g I can't get past 8 hours. juice defender helped a little bit, but I ended up enabling tablet mode for when I'm at work (this means no phone calls or texts until you turn your screen on) which doesn't really matter to me because I can't take calls at work anyway and all the texts flow in when I turn my screen on, this has made my battery lady ridiculously longer I went down 3% in the last 3 hours. So anyone that can live without calls or texts (lol I know I know) this will at least give you the best overall for when you can start using your phone.

·
Developer
56 Posts
Another recommendation.. Buy an anker 1700mah battery.. I bought 2 with a charger from amazon for $20. On a daily basis with my oem battery I would unplug at 6am and it would be dead by 3pm. With this extended battery after fully charging and forcing battery capacity to 1700 using battery monitor widget, I had my phone unplugged from 8pm last night and it finally died ironically at 3pm today. Now I do use juice defender to shut off 3g and 4g when the screen is off but I did not have tablet mode enabled like I said in my last post. I've heard a lot about batteries being labeled incorrectly but these work awesome for me, a lot longer than oem.

When my screen is off I discharge at 21ma, minimum use around 74ma, and when multitasking around 258ma, using tiamat undervolted by 25 on conservative max 1036, min 192

·
Developer
56 Posts
"Jodiuh said:
Is that necessary? To force the bat cap? Do you have a link for the batteries/charger?
I have no idea if its necessary haha just saw the option the other day so I did it when I got the battery.

It takes about 4hours to fully charge, the light turns blue when its finished fyI
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004YHO31C/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1313831476&sr=8-1

Edit: the batteries say htc my touch 4g, you can tell its a bit heftier than oem I guess thats the extra 350mah but fits just fine

·
Developer
56 Posts
"schrochem said:
Based on what I've said above does any one know what caused the awake time in the middle of the night?
Is this the signal being to weak? (despite it being in the same spot)
is it autosync? That will use a good amount especially if you have Facebook, twitter. Google services and email also sync. Check what you have syncing, if your using paid juice defender you can set different options for autosync

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.