Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Iv switched to Chingys leaked radio and Isomons kernel and it seems to be better. Battery life isnt "Great" but it dosent get hot in my pocket (hotpocket lol) anymore.

I usually keep 4g off but turn it on when I need it. I think of it as an alternative to WiFi when there is no WiFi where as my mom ALWAYS wants 4g on because she claims "its a 4g phone so it should have 4g (I agree with this). But being as 4g is new I think the best option is to use it when needed.

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
On cm7 1.6.1, mr2.5, imoseyon 3.5.8, currently at 48% after 15 hours 45 mins. Moderate use on a mix of wifi and 4g. I use both 2x battery and brightness level apps from the market.

"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does all the work" Mark Twain

·
Android Pimp
267 Posts
Mitchell4500 said:
Id use that app but I use Google Voice for texting and Im not sure how that would work.
I use google voice as well and it seems the texts get pushed right away with 2x Battery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

·
Android Apprentice
20 Posts
I had terrible battery life on RC 1.5.2, I switched back to RC 1.4 and my battery life was probably 2-3 times longer. Before on 1.5.2 I could barely last 8 hours on standby. Now I can easily go a day.

Anybody that had bad battery life on 1.5.2 try 1.6 or higher and have any luck with good battery life?

·
Tbolter
23 Posts
Flashed CM7 RC1.6.1 with the offical MR2 OTA radio 2 nights ago, 4 hours and 34 minutes on battery with a nice slow decline. This is with what I would consider heavy usage before when running stock and by this time I would be around 50%. Definitely seeing much IMPROVED battery life from the latest CM7 build.

·
Android Apprentice
60 Posts
I am on a modified CM7 1.6.1. Stock kernal. 1024mhz/1209mhz Max. Screen off 368/368mhz Max. Mixed 3g/4g half the day wifi the rest of the day 9am to 1am I still have 30% left. I have had no trouble going over 25 hours with moderate use. Heavy usage will give me around 12-15 hours. This is all on a 1700mah Mugen extended slim battery. On a standard 1400mhz I get 2-3 less hours depending on usage.

·
Incognito
1,164 Posts
6 hours of moderate usage using the latest IMO kernel and im at 48%. Using droidth3ory's CM7. Cell Stand by is the shit that uses my batt the most.
i have it undervolted and overclocked 368 - 1.4ghz on ondemandx (sometimes interactivex) -- mixed 3G and rare 4G usage (don't find a need for it unless im DL a new ROM!!!)
184 - 750
245 - 750
368 - 825
768 - 900
1024 - 975
1222 - 1075
140800 - 1175

needless for me to say, i think we are all experience horrible battery life. And those who have great battery life, aren't really using their phone ---

·
Android Addict
715 Posts
masri1987 said:
6 hours of moderate usage using the latest IMO kernel and im at 48%. Using droidth3ory's CM7. Cell Stand by is the shit that uses my batt the most.
i have it undervolted and overclocked 368 - 1.4ghz on ondemandx (sometimes interactivex) -- mixed 3G and rare 4G usage (don't find a need for it unless im DL a new ROM!!!)
184 - 750
245 - 750
368 - 825
768 - 900
1024 - 975
1222 - 1075
140800 - 1175

needless for me to say, i think we are all experience horrible battery life. And those who have great battery life, aren't really using their phone ---
Go back to imoseyon 3.5.8 and report back. I think you'll see that reports of long battery life do not mean we are not using our phones.

"Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does all the work" Mark Twain

·
Misanthropic Lamentations
88 Posts
Only thing I did differently (after a full charge last night) was to switch the network mode to CDMA/EvDo auto. I think that narrows down the culprit. The plateaus are time spent on WiFi. Probably could have made it 24 hours, but I don't like letting it get much below 20% (I also fill my car's gas tank at a quarter, one of my many neurosis). Luckily the spotty 4G coverage I get ended up with me not noticing much of a difference when using the phone (mostly browsing, reading tweets/news feeds, emails, txting and making only 3 phone calls). Downloading some themes and other APKs took a bit longer than usual, but I was at work and really should have been doing other things anyway.

Attachments

·
Incognito
1,164 Posts
hotelmrrsn said:
Go back to imoseyon 3.5.8 and report back. I think you'll see that reports of long battery life do not mean we are not using our phones.

if i go back to 3.5.8 my in-call volume will be borked --- wasn't that the point of 3.5.11?

·
Developer
56 Posts
On either one 1x, 3g, 4g I can't get past 8 hours. juice defender helped a little bit, but I ended up enabling tablet mode for when I'm at work (this means no phone calls or texts until you turn your screen on) which doesn't really matter to me because I can't take calls at work anyway and all the texts flow in when I turn my screen on, this has made my battery lady ridiculously longer I went down 3% in the last 3 hours. So anyone that can live without calls or texts (lol I know I know) this will at least give you the best overall for when you can start using your phone.

·
Developer
56 Posts
Another recommendation.. Buy an anker 1700mah battery.. I bought 2 with a charger from amazon for $20. On a daily basis with my oem battery I would unplug at 6am and it would be dead by 3pm. With this extended battery after fully charging and forcing battery capacity to 1700 using battery monitor widget, I had my phone unplugged from 8pm last night and it finally died ironically at 3pm today. Now I do use juice defender to shut off 3g and 4g when the screen is off but I did not have tablet mode enabled like I said in my last post. I've heard a lot about batteries being labeled incorrectly but these work awesome for me, a lot longer than oem.

When my screen is off I discharge at 21ma, minimum use around 74ma, and when multitasking around 258ma, using tiamat undervolted by 25 on conservative max 1036, min 192

·
Android Apprentice
32 Posts
The Anker batteries don't seem to be too bad. Even if they only match the performance of the OEM battery (which they seem to at least do), they're a good deal at $20 for two batteries and an external charger.

·
Android Apprentice
35 Posts
Icesteve said:
...forcing battery capacity to 1700 using battery monitor widget...juice defender...
Is that necessary? To force the bat cap? Do you have a link for the batteries/charger? Also, I tried 2x battery, but didn't notice much difference...placebo at first, but definitely nothing noteworthy.

Oh yeah, I'm noticing much better battery life after updating to the radio from the 2.07.605.0 RUU. The biggest difference however's the lack of heat from the back of the phone when in 4G mode! Here's a screenie...

View attachment 1181

Attachments

21 - 40 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.