Android OS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Recently we upgraded our two nexus ones for the Samsung Galaxy Sii's, so we've got these two N1's with nothing to do with them, except...

Our two daughters each have an iPod which they use on a daily basis for music. One has a nano, the other the touch. One gets to play games, the other doesn't.

Our son is jealous. :) And the younger daughter would like to play games too.

So to make for a happy family, I'd love to find a way to convert the N1's into simple media devices. The problem is, I know next to nothing about rooting phones, I've done quite a bit of research, and I've found out a few pieces of information, but I'm really hoping someone could give me a simple step-by-step that will including disabling the phone functions.

I think I can successfully root the phone, I'm pretty sure I can get the bootloader unlocked and even install a rom, but it's the removal of the phone functions that has gotten me stymied. Frankly, I see only suggestions to put the phone in flight mode and turn on wifi. I really just don't want to take a chance that a call is made accidentally (how? I don't know) and then we get some oddball invoice for it.

So, I thought I'd come here and ask you guys for help. Any suggestions?

Ray

1 - 1 of 1 Posts