Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I created the thread because the dev threads were getting bogged down with these sorts of messages.

I am about to go to Best Buy locally as they have them. I am still trying to decide on 16 or 32gb versions.

What did you get or planning on getting?

Any recommendations for screen protectors or other accessories?

Any deals or cheap deals?

Thanks in advance.

·
Android Apprentice
15 Posts
I just grabbed the last 32gig from my local best buy. didn't buy anything extra with it gonna find stuff online for cheep. I waited in line for 2 hours!

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I woke up at %^&*#$ 8:00AM and got in line, at BestBuy, at 9:00Am, only to be informed that they were not going to be selling them. Later on that day, while looking for a new Lappy for university, I saw people walking around with Touchpads. So I asked around, and found out that Best Buy had, in fact, decided to sell them after all. So I found a guy with a crate of them, followed him around the store, and he personally gave me a 32GB version for only 99$.

·
1337 h4x0r / Developer
56 Posts
Got mine at 9AM at staples...They only had one device, so I was forced to get a 32GB. They matched Office Depot's website without much hassle.

Also, I can almost guarantee that the Touchpad case will be compatible with Touchdroid :p

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
I bought four 32Gb Models at Wall-mart the night before so I had control over the supply. Went back the next day and had them price match and refund me the difference.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Walmart had them on their website early in the day on saturday, and then about 2pm, they started selling the in-store stock at the discounted price. I got the last 2 that were in stock for a good hour radius, at 5pm. I don't know if they'll be back in stock there or not, but it was another good source. My wife got hers right after they dropped the price.

·
433 Posts
markwebb said:
Ordered online from BB this AM. 10 min later they were gone! Did get a BB confirmation email.
That's the first thing I checked when I got up this morning, were already sold out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had a friend that worked at Best Buy in asset protection hold the last 32gb one for me :D got a dirty look from an asian that wanted it haha

·
Android Apprentice
40 Posts
Went yesterday afternoon (around 5pm CST) to the local Best Buy with a fellow co-worker. We had been following the never-ending slickdeals thread about the TP, and someone mentioned that BB was selling them at the discounted rate well before BB sent out the memo to their stores. We walked to the back of the store where the tablets are and I asked an employee if he had them in stock. Once I spoke up, a couple of guys asked as well. Long story short, I walked out with a 32GB, and my buddy got the last 16GB.

I already own an iPad 2, but I couldn't pass up the price and the thought of an Android port. But after playing with it for a while, I'm really digging WebOS. Sure, it doesn't have as many apps as the App Store or Market, but for what it has it's not bad. If Android gets ported over I might sell my iPad 2.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
I bought mine from HP academy at about 10PM Eastern friday night. The HP confirmation email came yesterday afternoon. Does anyone know if my order is going to go through? I dont know if "item being processed" is far enough down the line to guarantee shipment. Did anyone else get cancelled after moving to this stage?

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
hoping hp gets some in soon since i signed up to be notified by email since best buy was already sold out along with practically every other place.

·
Android Beginner
2 Posts
Kanibull said:
hoping hp gets some in soon since i signed up to be notified by email since best buy was already sold out along with practically every other place.
The only place more touchpads is going to come from is the returned merchandise Best Buy is apparently sending back. Hopefully they will make it available again when that happens.

·
Supporting Member
1,839 Posts
I stayed up LATE waiting for bestbuy to put then back up. 4am goes by and they never put them back up. I didn't wake up until 12:30-13:00 and they were, of course, already sold out. Really hoping to get one :/

Sent from my ThunderBolt using RootzWiki Forums

1 - 20 of 218 Posts