Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Someone decided to play a prank on my rooted zio and now my backup, keyboard, bluetooth, and file manager are deleted. How can I install an app through my PC? I can copy the APK files over, but without a file manager, or a keyboard (or bluetooth to connect a keyboard) I'm kinda clueless.

I'm trying to think of a way to copy the files over and force the install via ADB but I don't know the right terms to google to get there. Any ideas?

Edit: Just tried to use an OTG cable but no luck. It's Froyo, and OTG wasn't added until Honeycomb

·
Nexus Addict
651 Posts
Someone decided to play a prank on my rooted zio and now my backup, keyboard, bluetooth, and file manager are deleted. How can I install an app through my PC? I can copy the APK files over, but without a file manager, or a keyboard (or bluetooth to connect a keyboard) I'm kinda clueless.

I'm trying to think of a way to copy the files over and force the install via ADB but I don't know the right terms to google to get there. Any ideas?
Don't worry my friend! Take the google or aosp keyboard and adb push it into system/app. Fix permissions on the keyboard apk. Reboot.. now you can download whatever you need from the playstore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts