Android OS Forum banner

How do I put a zip in the "internal memory" through fastboot?

243K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  swagyboter 
#1 ·
I had to go back to stock (wiped internal memory), then I wiped everything in CWR in preperation for a new ROM... BUT... I forgot to put the zip file back. What commands would I use to fastboot the file to internal memory?

Thanks guys!!!

#9 ·
Plug your phone in & do:
adb devices

Your results should be:
serial # recovery

If you don't see that you need to install the appropriate drivers on your workstation. Once you see the above results the command I told you to do should work.

#11 ·
Plug your phone in & do:
adb devices

Your results should be:
serial # recovery

If you don't see that you need to install the appropriate drivers on your workstation. Once you see the above results the command I told you to do should work.
Thanks! adb devices is not showing anything. IDK how my drivers got messed up. I was just adb all morning. Now to fix that...

#13 ·
As what Jax said.. adb and fastboot use different drivers. You can adb all day long while the phone is booted but when you go into recovery it uses different drivers. Update your drivers while you're in recovery & you should be golden.

Reactions: brkshr
#19 ·
what do u mean u update ur drivers and how u do it?

i have the same problem pls help me..
Do you have the Android SDK installed?

If yes, then you should be able to plug your phone into your computer while in recovery. Then right-click on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager & there will either be a yellow triangle that says "Android" or "Android" should be listed at the top and you would right-click on either one and "update driver software". If it doesn't find it automatically, then > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Android device > Android Composite ADB Interface.

If you don't have the SDK installed, then install this https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html and go through the process above.

Should work. Give me a little more info if you can.

#21 ·
Do you have the Android SDK installed?

If yes, then you should be able to plug your phone into your computer while in recovery. Then right-click on My Computer > Manage > Device Manager & there will either be a yellow triangle that says "Android" or "Android" should be listed at the top and you would right-click on either one and "update driver software". If it doesn't find it automatically, then > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Android device > Android Composite ADB Interface.

If you don't have the SDK installed, then install this https://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html and go through the process above.

Should work. Give me a little more info if you can.
Perfect. I was able to see my HTC One when in fastboot, but not recovery. Forcing the driver as an Android Composite ADB interface did the trick.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.