Android OS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Android Apprentice
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hate the default splash screen from HTC (the pure white with green HTC lettering). I don't know about you, but when I need to restart my phone, it's typically because I'm flashing something. Normally, flashing happens at night when I'm finished with work and homework. At my computer. With not too many lights on (so as to not disturb my roommate). That sudden, bright, white flash of light gives me all sorts of headaches.

therefore, I'm going to try out flashing a more muted splash screen. Seems like a painless process, let's hope it goes well =p

·
News Team/Moderator
882 Posts
On the Thunderbolt, before CM7, I used to get the white HTC screen then the crackling of Thunder every time the phone was rebooted. Was terrible before they made a toggle for it especially with me being a giant flashtard.

·
Android Apprentice
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*shudders*

That just sounds awful.
Unfortunately, my uSD card is wonked and fastboot won't check for the PD98IMG.

Also, nice to meet the mod! Haven't seen you around here

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
I have black flash screen with green HTC letters and 3 androids on skate boards. The way to flash it is through fastboot and adb. I have the steps on the PC if anyone wants.

sent from the Dark Obelisk.

·
Android Apprentice
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adb works the same on PC and Mac, luckily.

For some reason I can't get my fastboot to run anything (probably my uSDs suck)

Could you PM them to me?

·
Android Apprentice
26 Posts
I have the same problem with fastboot. As soon as I get to my PC ill send you the info.

sent from the Dark Obelisk.

·
Android Apprentice
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I just had a bum card. Couldn't get into fastboot whether formatting with Mac or Windows (even in Fat32). Just swapped the one in my phone with the one in my NC and worked without a problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts