Android OS Forum banner

How Do You Feel About The Stock Splash Screen?

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  wgeorgecook 
#1 ·
I really hate the default splash screen from HTC (the pure white with green HTC lettering). I don't know about you, but when I need to restart my phone, it's typically because I'm flashing something. Normally, flashing happens at night when I'm finished with work and homework. At my computer. With not too many lights on (so as to not disturb my roommate). That sudden, bright, white flash of light gives me all sorts of headaches.

therefore, I'm going to try out flashing a more muted splash screen. Seems like a painless process, let's hope it goes well =p

#2 ·
On the Thunderbolt, before CM7, I used to get the white HTC screen then the crackling of Thunder every time the phone was rebooted. Was terrible before they made a toggle for it especially with me being a giant flashtard.

#8 ·
I think I just had a bum card. Couldn't get into fastboot whether formatting with Mac or Windows (even in Fat32). Just swapped the one in my phone with the one in my NC and worked without a problem

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.