Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Average Android
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been kind of curious lately, about how you people of RootzWiki acquire new phones. I have always done everything through Verizon. I guess until I got my first Android phone, which I got the OG Droid through my grandfather who didn't know how to use it, so he switched to the iPhone. *gag* (He also threw an Eris at the wall when it froze because he thought he broke it). Anyways, I now have my Droid X and I'm loving it running MIUI. But I've been really interested in all the news about the new phones coming out, i.e. the HTC Vigor, Bionic, etc.. I have another year on my contract but I figure, I could use a backup phone, right? But i really don't want to go through Verizon. 2 year contracts suck...

My question is, do you all:
  • Get a new phone when your contract is up?
  • Buy them for retail price? (Whether it's from Verizon, Amazon, Newegg, etc.)
  • Buy them off Ebay, or similar sites?
  • Bargain shop? (Not sure how, but I'm sure there is a way)

Thanks in advance for the input! :tongue3:

·
Android Apprentice
35 Posts
I usually renew my contract, get a cheap phone(because I don't have a data plan), and sell it on Craig's. Though if its a good cheap phone, I keep it as a spare. I really don't have a job so consistently keeping up with all the phone releases aren't an option. Though I usually get it through Craig's at the best price I can find. Also, I never pay retail price, for any device.(that is until I can get a job, and even then ill search off Craig's first.)

·
Average Android
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Framework43 said:
I are buy em 0n1iNe , Vzw Shop no good :)
You mean you get them donated? ;) I follow you on twitter boyy, i mean MAN.

Oh and thank you sosososososo much for your hard work for porting MIUI to DX and D2. Keep up the good work!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts