Android OS Forum banner

How many of you would be interested in a tempered glass screen protector?

143K views 1K replies 233 participants last post by  rpmm70 
#1 ·
Nexus Tempered Glass
Have you ordered yours yet?!
Pre-ordered!16759.43%
Still debating8931.67%
Will pre-order soon258.90%

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
I will be starting a new program for all of you that have cracked or chipped your protector and want a new one.

Way it works is if you purchased your protector within the last 60 days and damaged it, email us about it. We will then ask for pictures with a time stamp (so that nobody else can use your picture) of the damaged protector. Once we receive this we will provide you with a coupon code for 15% off.

This was the best I could do for you guys, at $29.99 with 15% off we make scraps in profit however it's all about the customer

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE HAVING SENSITIVITY ISSUES, PLEASE READ BELOW.

This may be worth looking at. Apparently there's a bug causing a decrease in screen sensitivity, most notably after using the recents button. I'm just noticing it on JB. Basically, switch to another task using the recents button and until you turn the screen off the screen responsiveness goes into the toilet.

Given many of us are on JB by this point, it'd be a shame to attribute this behavior to the screen protector when it's really the phone, and something that will be fixed.

Fantom Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Samsung Galaxy Nexus

#27 ·
I've been looking into this and with enough demand, can get some stock in with the company I work for.

This will be just like the one out for the Note - http://www.spigen.com/sgp-samsung-galaxy-note-screen-protector-glas-t-premium-tempered-glass-series-1.html

Price would be in the $30-40 range.
I saw this a couple of weeks back and was jealous that the GNEX did not have this. Although I just got my matte screen protector I would also love to have this as an option as I get tired of things from time to time.

#8 ·
SGP won't make it. They wouldn't even make their Ultra Crystal for the Nexus because of the curved screen, and that one is plastic. Good luck getting it made. I would be potentially interested, but I would think cost is going to be an issue, as would getting a tempered glass screen protector to work.

#20 ·
Its very doubtful this will happen unless the company he works for also makes the glass. Because of the curve it has to be formed that way when its made. And the reason the other place doesn't make them is I'm sure they order a giant sheet then cut out the pieces. For the nexus they would have to order each cover individually. Probably not profitable

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using RootzWiki

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.