Android OS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
n00blet
142 Posts
Add the libs to your propietary folder and modify the device-blobs.mk to include them. I'm not at that PC otherwise I'd show you, I will this evening if JBirdVegas has not already.

·
n00blet
142 Posts
I can write up an example tomorrow I have in laws tonight.

@doug teaching is the best way to learn ;-)
In-laws? /me shudders

Anyways you'll find the proprietary directory in your /vendor/manufacture/device name/
Code:
<br />
[email protected]:~/android/vendor/samsung/toro$ ls<br />
BoardConfigVendor.mk  device-vendor-blobs.mk  device-vendor.mk  proprietary<br />
You will see the device-vendor-blobs.mk says "DO NOT EDIT" but I have done so on my Thunderbolt builds and have had zero issues. I have also considered modifying the extract-files.sh to include all needed libs but I am a lazy fella.

Move the libs to the proprietary directory. Once you're finished open device-vendor-blobs.mk with your favorite text editor and add the files using the same structure.

To follow JbirdVegas's example lets say you have lib named Awesome.so put it in proprietary and then add it to the device-vendor-blobs.mk
Code:
<br />
vendor/samsung/toro/proprietary/Awesome.so:system/vendor/lib/Awesome.so \<br />
Notice the first part of code is where the .so resides in your build environment and the second is where you would like it installed.

Side note, the "\" is only if you do not place your code as the last line.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts