Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does everyones haptic feedback work? Does it vibrate on keypress on the on screen keyboard and pattern lock screen? I know how to enable it. And it works if i reboot my touchpad. But if i put it to sleep is stops working until next reboot. I am running alpha 2 cm9. No nightlies. It worked great on cm7 alpha 3. I updated from that to cm9 a2. I did not delete data, i did the upgrade method. I cant seem to find many others with this issue. So im trying to figure out if i should wipe my tp and reflash cm9, or if it is a known issue. Please let me know if you have haptic working at or near 100% or if every has this issue.
I do have the same issue. Haptic feedback only works after a reboot until the device goes to sleep.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The main issue that I'm struggling with is the screen goes non-responsive once the screen goes to sleep and I'm asked to enter my PIN. And maybe it's sleep mode that's the problem.

Once the screen wakes up, I can't enter the pin. I have to softboot the ToucPad to regain operational use.

The pin is required because of corporate e-mail. Otherwise I'd disable it.

--McBean

·
Registered
29 Posts
The main issue that I'm struggling with is the screen goes non-responsive once the screen goes to sleep and I'm asked to enter my PIN. And maybe it's sleep mode that's the problem.

Once the screen wakes up, I can't enter the pin. I have to softboot the ToucPad to regain operational use.

The pin is required because of corporate e-mail. Otherwise I'd disable it.

--McBean
I had this problem. Was resolved when I updated to nightly 3/27.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i have been reading this forum since almost the start. I finally registered to ask this one question. My "Play Store" formally "Android Market" keeps going poof. I am using the lastest nightly build. I have tried the fixed change the density to 120 and then back to 160 and it still does it. Everything else works fine except...we already know those things. I have tried to google some other ways to fix this and cant seem to locate any. any other suggestions or link to suggestions would certainly be appreciated

Alec

·
Thread Cruiser
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi i have been reading this forum since almost the start. I finally registered to ask this one question. My "Play Store" formally "Android Market" keeps going poof. I am using the lastest nightly build. I have tried the fixed change the density to 120 and then back to 160 and it still does it. Everything else works fine except...we already know those things. I have tried to google some other ways to fix this and cant seem to locate any. any other suggestions or link to suggestions would certainly be appreciated

Alec
going poof? what do you mean?

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
I had this problem. Was resolved when I updated to nightly 3/27.
I had the touch screen wake up issue since i've installed CM on my touchpad. Happened in CM7 and CM9 a2. It was alright with CM9 a2 because when i got the touchscreen issue i simply click power button to put it to sleep then wake it back up. Now after installing the latest nightly 03/29 i have issues waking it up. Putting it to sleep and waking it up doesn't seem to work anymore so i have to reboot it(power+home). Wish there was a way to get around it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
going poof? what do you mean?
I think I know what he means because I may be having the same issue.

When clicking the google market app the screen goes black for half a second and then immediately goes back to the app drawer. Just can't get the Market to load.

My resolution was to flash Gapps again, which worked temporarily. A few days later the same issue happened again. Does anyone have a better solution than flashing so often? (i'm using the latest Gapps).

TIA

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have another problem : when i put on headphones , they work , bu t speaker works too . What to do? and Gameloft games don't work. i change the build.prop but they no longer go to the screen that shows (device not supported) , they just crash. What can i do ? and is there any comming update that will fix the cam and the mic ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone on else having an issue with WiFi coming back on after their TouchPad wakes up?

Mine is set to turn off wifi while sleeping. To save battery.

When I wake the device up I have to turn off WiFi and then turn it back on. Wifi works fine. Once connected.

Anyone else having this issue??

Loving the new CM9!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yes, this is a known issue for many of us - I used to leave Wi-Fi on all the time, but when I changed it to go off with sleep, I ran into the exact same problem. Lots of different types of wifi problems will continue to plague us until they can get a proper wireless driver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
elp on TP upgrade to ICS. I used the 04/06 nightly build to upgrade from CM7 to CM9. It went fine, but now I have lock screen which I didn't on CM7. I tried the all of the pins that I use ever on my touchpad no joy. Is there a default? What are my options, I would rather not do a total uninstall and/or wipe, I do have backups, but I would much rather fix it then flatten and rebuild

Thanks

·
Android Beginner
16 Posts
ANOTHER SOLUTION FOR TOUCHPAD THAT WONT START :

One of my touchpads just stopped and I tried the standard SOD fix of holding power and home buttons for 30 seconds. Even holding power, home and volume up buttons., Still no good. After a half day of having TP on the charger, I called HP. They had me do something I don't remember seeing before.

Plug in Touchpad using cylindrical charger.
Hold the power button down and while down press the home button 15 times. Home button is center bottom button. Wait a minute. Suddenly, the white icon with red line appeared.. After 5 minutes, it booted up.

·
Android Beginner
20 Posts
I want cm to boot by default instead of webos, but I don't have the moboot.default when i look in the /root folder with root explorer. Is there another option?

Never mind, I figured out how to install cyboot from preware and changed the boot order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would like to know if Dial-up Bluetooth will ever work with Android ICS on the Touchpad. If anyone can please confirm that this feature will be added or been work on, it will be great and I will keep following this forum until availble.
Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been having no problems with wifi up until earlier this past week. It keeps failing to connect to my home network as well as the campus network (so I know it's no router-specific). I haven't installed or flash anything.

·
Thread Cruiser
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I've been having no problems with wifi up until earlier this past week. It keeps failing to connect to my home network as well as the campus network (so I know it's no router-specific). I haven't installed or flash anything.
Have you forgetten the network, turned off wifi, then turned back on and tried to reconnect?

·
Android Apprentice
64 Posts
I would like to know if Dial-up Bluetooth will ever work with Android ICS on the Touchpad. If anyone can please confirm that this feature will be added or been work on, it will be great and I will keep following this forum until availble.
Thanks for any advice.
It is very hard to say if this will ever work. Cyanogenmod doesnt get ETA on upgrades, or when a feature will or will not. My guess is demand for a feature like this is very minimal at best, since dialup is pretty much dead for most people, especially android developers. If you need this, it might be best to look at a tablet that has it built in from the factory.

21 - 40 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.