Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I cannot hear any sound with my bluetooth Motorola H500 headset. It is paired, it is recognized (when pressing volume button, I get the bluetooth icon), but the sound comes out of built-in speakers, not from my headset. I am using BTMono. The headset works OK with my HTC Desire (Android 2.3). Do I need anything special to get the sound out of TP thru BT headset? I can see people are using BT audio with CM9 succesfully. Using latest 20120507-NIGHTLY.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you forgetten the network, turned off wifi, then turned back on and tried to reconnect?
I have had success by installing SetCPU and adjusting minimum settings to 384 MHz. No longer need to turn wifi on and off. Also reconnects automatically to home and work networks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We'll, I just got my Touchpad back from Palm/HP. Turned it on, and sounds worked. (bleeps from the volume buttons) - so I know sound was working. Installed CM9 nightly build, and no sound at all. Reboot into WebOS, and NO SOUND. No speaker, no headphone, nothing! So do I try a webos doctor, or am I not seeing a simple fix in all my searching...

HELP (please)

Gene

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tonight i recently installed CM9 and I've been having issues with the play store it does not allow me to download apps. When ever i try to open play store it just pops up and immedietly closes. I would appreciate any help anyone could give me in regards to this issue. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anybody knows why gmail icon is visible but when clicking on it it says that app is not installed. i already installed Gapps...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently removed android to start fresh, ran acmeuninstaller, webos doctor, now trying to put it back on and I'm getting an error that it can't find initial install files? Anybody else having this problem? It says put it in my sminstall folder. Should this be in place of my cminstall folder?

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
I recently removed android to start fresh, ran acmeuninstaller, webos doctor, now trying to put it back on and I'm getting an error that it can't find initial install files? Anybody else having this problem? It says put it in my sminstall folder. Should this be in place of my cminstall folder?
Put your files in the cminstall folder.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We'll, I just got my Touchpad back from Palm/HP. Turned it on, and sounds worked. (bleeps from the volume buttons) - so I know sound was working. Installed CM9 nightly build, and no sound at all. Reboot into WebOS, and NO SOUND. No speaker, no headphone, nothing! So do I try a webos doctor, or am I not seeing a simple fix in all my searching...

HELP (please)

Gene
I had to install the Bricked ROM/Kernel to resolve this. Same exact thing happened to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
RootzWiki says on pg 1:
WIFI Loses connection
Known bug. To get it again forget your network, turn off wifi, turn it back on and reconnect. You might need to do this a few times.

My Touchpad Wifi says On, yet cannot connect to web.

That method did not work for me.

After more frustration and web searches and other methods I tried this novel step:

Since Touchpad did connect before android conversion, I verified the MAC number for my Tpad, then went online on my computer to my router acct (ATT Uverse) to location to verify same MAC number, and found it still there identical.

I then Disabled MAC Filtering. Back to Tpad, click Wifi Off, then On again. The setting says CONNECTED. Verified by clicking web icon, and home page appeared.

This method helped me, at least today.

To test whether MAC filtering Enabled prevented me from connecting, and Disabled allowed me, I switched it back to Enabled. Turned off wifi on Tpad, then turned On again, and CONNECTED!

Regards.
Cliff

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2 touchpads, Both running CM9 Alpha 2 (with nightlies).

One of the touchpads has an audio issue, when the touchpad goes to sleep, the sound no longer works. When I reboot it works fine. I've read this is a reported problem on "some" touchpads, and since I'm having it on only one of my 2 I'd have to agree. Does anyone know if this is a hardware issue and will never be fixed. I read somewhere that on WEBOS you can reset some sound manager library and the sound will come back. Does anyone know of a quick way to do the same thing in ICS so that when I want the sound I just reset it? i could live with that.

Am I the only one running ICS who is having this problem? (sound via the headphone jack doesn't work either)

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did Linux work for years so I appreciate what these folks do!!!! I must say that months of no camera and no mike is very unfortunate. I'm going back to CM7 until this is ready for prime time. Thanks!

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
Hello,
I installed the nightly of 2nd june and it looks fine for me.
I have 2 problems.
1. QQPlayer is not running, it gives me just black screen after starting video....
2. I cant connect to PC (WIN7 64bit). I have tried all the known things
... select MTP
... testing with or without USB Debugging without success
Please help, cant fix it allone !
best regards huggy

·
Thread Cruiser
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Hello,
I installed the nightly of 2nd june and it looks fine for me.
I have 2 problems.
1. QQPlayer is not running, it gives me just black screen after starting video....
2. I cant connect to PC (WIN7 64bit). I have tried all the known things
... select MTP
... testing with or without USB Debugging without success
Please help, cant fix it allone !
best regards huggy
Try MXPlayer instead of QQPlayer. I use MX and have no issues.

can you connect while in webOS? what about in clockwork mod?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have 2 touchpads, Both running CM9 Alpha 2 (with nightlies).

One of the touchpads has an audio issue, when the touchpad goes to sleep, the sound no longer works. When I reboot it works fine. I've read this is a reported problem on "some" touchpads, and since I'm having it on only one of my 2 I'd have to agree. Does anyone know if this is a hardware issue and will never be fixed. I read somewhere that on WEBOS you can reset some sound manager library and the sound will come back. Does anyone know of a quick way to do the same thing in ICS so that when I want the sound I just reset it? i could live with that.

Am I the only one running ICS who is having this problem? (sound via the headphone jack doesn't work either)

Thanks

Mike
I have had the same problem for months on my 32GB, my wife's 16GB has never ha a problem. Factory reset, reload CM9, nothing helped. I just figured out the workaround that worked for me, and my sound has worked all day yesterday and today with no problems. Hope it helps.
I just posted this in another thread:

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]I have previously reported (along with others) that the sound on my TP cuts off every time it goes to sleep. Only a reboot would ever bring the sound back.[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]I have read other posts that booting with headphones fixes it, but it never did for me. Well I guess I just never left them plugged in long enough.[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]I was just was playing around with it again. I discovered that if I shut it all the way off, boot with headphones plugged in, leave them plugged it while letting the touchpad sleep and wake it up a couple times, I could then unplug the headphones, let the TP sleep, and not lose sound.[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]So I took an old crappy broken set of earbuds, cut the plug off so that only a little rubber nub is left at the end of the jack, and just leave it plugged in all the time now. It's small enough that it really doesn't get in the way. Works like a champ![/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Sweet, I can finally pause games without having to reboot. This has been my biggest, well really my only, problem with CM9.[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Makes me much much happier. Thanks to everyone involved in this project! I have played around with quite a few other android pads, the HP TP is by far my favorite! [/background]

·
Android Beginner
17 Posts
I tried to install the latest nightly and encountered a new problem Ive never had before.....

My TP starts up but then flashes non stop "Unfortunetly, system UI has stopped" and nothing works....I tried to flashback as far as 5-22 nightly and I get it everytime. I hope I didnt just break my TP haha

41 - 60 of 96 Posts