Android OS Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
The issue I am having with the sound volume is that it works ok while running Android. However, when I boot into WebOS initially the sound is very low. After about 20 mins then the sound comes up louder. Is this a known issue and is there a fix?

·
Android Experiment
250 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same scenerio (32GB TP). Not realising that it might affect other people too, I went through all the sound settings thinking that it may havejust been something I touched by accident. I found the hardware buttons were showing a full volume setting, but no audio would happen on any music/video. I checked the Settings > Sound menu, and the volume master toggle was set to 0, though the hardware button were saying full. I moved the software settings for all to about 75-90%, and now the hardware buttons and sounds works fine once again.
What Master toggle are you referring to? All I can find is the "volume" option which upon tapping brings up whatever is selected for "volume panel", which shows the software settings you mentioned but no master that i can see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Help me,please!!CM9 on my touchpad often crashes,and I am sure that the problem is audio of CM9!Because whenever the sound stops it will crash,for example,just finished playing music,vedio,a game or after a system bell. Each crash in 1 or 2second after the soud stop.I dont know the Android code,but I guess that is a conflict with the audio driver and my device.I tried almost all versions of CM9,but it crash all the time.CM7 crash less,and webosunder all normal,never crash.Now I try to keep a silence music in the background,and it dont crash until I turn off the music.But the power loss so fast!
I am so sorry for my bad English.
I beg you to help me!I am feel so unhappy!

This is my email:[email protected] Thank you very much!

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Help me,please!!CM9 on my touchpad often crashes,and I am sure that the problem is audio of CM9!Because whenever the sound stops it will crash,for example,just finished playing music,vedio,a game or after a system bell. Each crash in 1 or 2second after the soud stop.I dont know the Android code,but I guess that is a conflict with the audio driver and my device.I tried almost all versions of CM9,but it crash all the time.CM7 crash less,and webosunder all normal,never crash.Now I try to keep a silence music in the background,and it dont crash until I turn off the music.But the power loss so fast!
I am so sorry for my bad English.
I beg you to help me!I am feel so unhappy!

This is my email:[email protected] Thank you very much!
You may be one of the unlucky few that seems to have a TouchPad that does not get along with Android audio. Lets troubleshoot a little and see what we can determine.

Have you always had this problem from the first install of Android on your TouchPad?

Have you tried using WebOS and are positive this does not happen?

Have you tried a clean install of CM9 to eleminate the posibility that you have a corrupted install? By clean install I mean run ACMEUninstaller and then use ACMEInstaller2 to install all newly downloaded files.

When you do a clean install, try using a nightly before July 6th which does not have any of the most recent fixes. If that seems to work, then try updating to a later nightly, like the 8/19 which has all the most recent fixes merged and see how it goes.

Report back what you find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry if this question has been addressed already, but I couldn't find the solution. My Touchpad will not charge while booted in CM9 or CM10, but charges fine when booted in WebOS. I have changed my MTP settings and I am using the standard HP Touchpad cable and AC adapter. Also, no matter what other ROM I have had in the past, this was never an issue, only with CM9/10. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
is anyone else having issues with their sd card dismounting for no reason? this just started happening to me the other day out of the blue. i do move most apps to to the sd card as soon as i download them, but never had any issues previously. im on CM9. any info would be much appreciated.

·
Android Experiment
250 Posts
is anyone else having issues with their sd card dismounting for no reason? this just started happening to me the other day out of the blue. i do move most apps to to the sd card as soon as i download them, but never had any issues previously. im on CM9. any info would be much appreciated.
You didn't state which CM9, alpha or nightly. My guess is Alpha2?

Your SDcard may have developed a partition or directory error. A scanner runs on later nightly ROMs at boot time to proactivly correct those problems. If you are having this issue on the latest nightly, your partitions may have a deeper error that needs to be addressed.

My advise is to seek the CM7-SDcard thread here: http://rootzwiki.com/topic/13277-cm7-fixes-for-sdcard-issues/
Don't let the CM7: in the title fool you, it's still pertains to CM9 in most respects.

Reactions: malarks26

·
Registered
11 Posts
love my CM9, tried to get to www.speed2.com (where I live stream races from), and was greated by a request to download the latest flash player. when I clicked the link, play popped up, and said it is restricted for my country??? I'm in USA, any way around this?

·
Android Experiment
250 Posts
love my CM9, tried to get to www.speed2.com (where I live stream races from), and was greated by a request to download the latest flash player. when I clicked the link, play popped up, and said it is restricted for my country??? I'm in USA, any way around this?
google playstore no longer supports flashplayer. it can be sideloaded by downloading the apk from Adobe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a bug (feature) within CM9 nightly 1217. gapps 0429 were already installed and working properly. After I installed gmail from playstore it crashes on start. Tried to reinstall gapps package with the same result

After activating the gmail sync in settings/accounts it works like a charm. Sometimes it is so easy

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed CM9 on my Lg Optimus L3 and now I have two problems.

- My laptop doesn't recognize my phone. And when I plug in my charger it doesn't shows that the battery is charging. I think that it charges though but I don't get any sound nor I can see the progress of the charging. I turned of the USB debugging but I didn't help and I can't enable USB mass storage.

- After I installed CM9, I rebooted the phone and now I have text on the right side of the screen. It changes all the time, like something is installing. There are numbers at the top and some of the texts are: com.google.process.gapps, kworker/us3, system_server, mmcqd/0...

Any solution for this?

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
I installed CM9 on my Lg Optimus L3 and now I have two problems.

- My laptop doesn't recognize my phone. And when I plug in my charger it doesn't shows that the battery is charging. I think that it charges though but I don't get any sound nor I can see the progress of the charging. I turned of the USB debugging but I didn't help and I can't enable USB mass storage.

- After I installed CM9, I rebooted the phone and now I have text on the right side of the screen. It changes all the time, like something is installing. There are numbers at the top and some of the texts are: com.google.process.gapps, kworker/us3, system_server, mmcqd/0...

Any solution for this?
This is the HP Touchpad section. Try asking in the section for your phone.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.