Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: ADB

Carrier:: US Cellular

Optional:: Deodexed

Requires Root:: Yes

Optional:: Smali Edits

Android Version:: 4.0.4 (ICS)

Source::
I searched the interwebs, and found this via PasteBin. It was posted by a Guest, so credit to this person, whoever they are.: http://pastebin.com/Zhm69AXd

I should note that if you get a ton of notifications, that they will overlap the clock eventually. I'm not sure how to fix this, if this is normal, so if I find something or someone wants to point me in the right direction, please do so!

MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP FIRST! IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS, YOU'LL HAVE BLACK WALLPAPER AND NO STATUS BAR! YOU'LL THANK THE NANDROID GODS LATER! TRUST ME!

I've tested this on my US Cellular SGS3 running AwesomeSauceICS by jpaulwaite. Your ROM will have to be deodexed for this mod to work!
  • You have to decompile SystemUI.apk.
  • Navigate to SystemUI - res - layout.
  • Open tw_status_bar.xml with Notepad++.
Now I am going to attach the modded tw_status_bar.xml from AICS_Uv8's SystemUI.apk (named tw_status_bar_modded.xml). I recommend looking at your decompiled file and comparing it to this. Basically you're moving the <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock...> line from about half way down, and move it up near the top and make a new <LinearLayout...> section.

When you are comparing your decompiled file to the modded one attached to this post, you'll see what I am talking about. I've attached the original file freshly decompiled for you to look at. I did rename the files adding orig and modded to the file names, keep that in mind! These won't work in their current state, so don't 7zip these directly into your SystemUI.apk file! These are from US Celluar's AwesomeSauceICS Uv8 ROM!
  • When you've made the changes and saved the file, recompile.
  • Open the newly created SystemUI.apk and delete the AndroidManifest.xml.
  • Take the AndroidManifest.xml and META-INF files from the ORIGINAL SystemUI.apk, and drag those into your new SystemUI.apk
  • Push the new apk to your phone.
  • Profit.

NOTE: The edits you'll be doing are simple delete/copy/paste XML edits to one file. The only credit I will take is having a computer to Google this to see if it is possible, then trial/error. It worked for me and my phone. If you get a ton of notifications (email/text/etc), they'll eventually overlap the clock. I've been told that this is normal, and if it is not, it is out of my league right now to fix it.

NOTE 2: You can also simply delete the XML line to completely remove the clock too from the status bar altogether. Simply delete the following line from tw_status_bar.xml:

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textSize="@dimen/status_bar_clock_text_size" android:textColor="#ff177bbd" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/clock" android:paddingLeft="3.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" android:includeFontPadding="false" />

Attachments

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
i already stole this from you to include in my mod, with your permission of course :)

btw, get with me via private chat so we can get more good stuff done

Reactions: RMarkwald

·
Mr Click Click Derk
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already stole this from you to include in my mod, with your permission of course :)

btw, get with me via private chat so we can get more good stuff done
Will do! I'll shoot you my Gmail information this weekend. Love learning new stuff!

- Sent from my US Cellular SGS3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts