Android OS Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thanks for the write up, there are always some things I'd like to change, this will help.

Although, I can't seem to get my modified systemui.apk to work. To clarify, I swapped out the soft keys in res/drawable-xhdpi, and the images I used are just different soft keys, and are named the same as the ones they replaced. I did the flashable zip method, and then tried just replacing the systemui.apk in system/app in ES File Explorer and restarting, but there has been no change in the soft keys using either method. Prior to doing all this, I reset my navbar in ROM Control so that it would be ready.

Any ideas?

Got it figured out, but used the APK-Multitool to help...

·
Registered
5 Posts
nice writeup and sorry for necroposting but i'm curious how much a difference it would make if i replaced the original images with images of a different resolution?

full disclosure, i've been editing all these images and after i was finished realized i was editing the ones for the quick settings menu and not the statusbar and i would like to avoid more than just renaming if possible. thanks for the help in advance.

·
Gadget Guy
172 Posts
How would the Blank Flashable zip have to be changed in order to use that method to install a non-system app? I tried modifying the Facebook pngs, but ES File Explorer won't install the apk on its own.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts