Android OS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super User
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there's a way, but I've searched and can't seem to find how.

How can I change the banner text from "Verizon Wireless" to whatever I want? I know in Liberty it's possible, and I just came from SS2.0, and I was able to modify it on that, so I'm sure there's a way on CyanogenMod.

somebody please advise, I really can't stand the bland "Verizon Wireless" text on the lock screen and pull down page.

many thanks!!
:)

·
Super User
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
excellent!! Thank you razorloves, I really love this helpful community!

This makes me love my new CM7 even more! :)

G

·
TeeX said:
excellent!! Thank you razorloves, I really love this helpful community!

This makes me love my new CM7 even more! :)
Just wanted to say thank you as well! :) I went the Root Tools route and rid Verizon Wireless from my banner text. Cyanogen Mod looks so much better there.

The only weird thing I noticed is while running the dropdown text editor, my Google Maps process running in the background FCed lol. Everything was back to normal after rebooting my phone though. I have no idea how the two are related, but I was able to reproduce it.

·
Super User
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
swiftmazda said:
The only weird thing I noticed is while running the dropdown text editor, my Google Maps process running in the background FCed lol. Everything was back to normal after rebooting my phone though. I have no idea how the two are related, but I was able to reproduce it.
ha, me too! I also noticed Google Maps FC'ing when I changed the text. REALLY glad to be rid of that banner! :android-smile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts