Android OS Forum banner
81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Android Beginner
25 Posts
I followed your directions and compiled a mms.apk with no errors! My problem now is that after I transfer files over to keep the signature I'm not sure what i've done wrong but when I go to install the mms.apk it says application not installed. Is this because I didn't swap files over correctly to keep the signature? Not sure what I've done wrong, any help? I compiled the mms.apk from the latest aokp build 36. btw

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I followed your directions and compiled a mms.apk with no errors! My problem now is that after I transfer files over to keep the signature I'm not sure what i've done wrong but when I go to install the mms.apk it says application not installed. Is this because I didn't swap files over correctly to keep the signature? Not sure what I've done wrong, any help? I compiled the mms.apk from the latest aokp build 36. btw
You can't install the apk, because its a system app.

You'll either need to flash it using a flashable.zip in recovery, or use root explorer to move it to the system/app folder, and then reboot.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
You can't install the apk, because its a system app.

You'll either need to flash it using a flashable.zip in recovery, or use root explorer to move it to the system/app folder, and then reboot.
actually you can sign it then install it, but thats just dumb, i agree, flash it. grab one of the zips from the op and replace that mms.apk with yours.

·
Supporting Member
1,870 Posts
I had to add a android:gravity="left" to the sent xml to keep the bubble anchored. Not sure if you left that part out, or if i did something odd, but it worked :)
Curious, was this needed to keep the arrow "anchored" at the top next to the avatar? I would like this because the arrow stays in the middle of the bubble no matter how big and probably should stay up next to the avatar.

If this is the case, could you elaborate/explain on exactly what/where to add the gravity line to make this happen?

TIA!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi :) thanks for the tuto!

I'm having a problem though.. If I change the layout_alignParentLeft from "true" to "false" on message_list_item_send.xml, when I open a conversation, there is no sent text/bubble. There is nothing on the sent part of the conversations...

Could someone help me?

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi :) thanks for the tuto!

I'm having a problem though.. If I change the layout_alignParentLeft from "true" to "false" on message_list_item_send.xml, when I open a conversation, there is no sent text/bubble. There is nothing on the sent part of the conversations...

Could someone help me?
Well I'm sorry.. After reading the entire thread realized that gunnermike53 has had the same problem and solved it. Ty!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm trying to align avatar pic on bottom... I can't do it.. what is wrong? check the code please:
Code:
<br />
<br />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><br />
<com.android.mms.ui.MessageListItem android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/msg_list_item_recv" android:background="#00000000" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content"<br />
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"><br />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/mms_layout_view_parent" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" android:gravity="fill_vertical"><br />
        <RelativeLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content"><br />
            <view android:id="@id/avatar" android:layout_width="@dimen/avatar_width_height" android:layout_height="@dimen/avatar_width_height" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" class="com.android.mms.ui.QuickContactDivot" position="right_middle" android:layout_gravity="fill_vertical" android:gravity="bottom"<br />
              xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" /><br />
            <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/message_block" android:background="@drawable/listitem_background" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:minHeight="@dimen/avatar_width_height" android:layout_toRightOf="@id/avatar" android:layout_alignParentRight="false"><br />
                <TextView android:textAppearance="?android:textAppearanceSmall" android:textSize="16.0sp" android:textColor="@android:color/black" android:autoLink="all" android:linksClickable="false" android:id="@id/text_view" android:paddingLeft="@dimen/message_item_text_padding_left_right" android:paddingTop="@dimen/message_item_text_padding_top" android:paddingRight="@dimen/message_item_text_padding_left_right" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
                <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="8.0dip"><br />
                    <TextView android:textAppearance="?android:textAppearanceSmall" android:textColor="#ff6f6f6f" android:id="@id/date_view" android:background="#00ffffff" android:paddingLeft="@dimen/message_item_text_padding_left_right" android:paddingRight="3.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/locked_indicator" android:paddingRight="3.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/ic_lock_message_sms" /><br />
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/delivered_indicator" android:paddingRight="3.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/ic_sms_mms_delivered" /><br />
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/details_indicator" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/ic_sms_mms_details" /><br />
                </LinearLayout><br />
                <ViewStub android:id="@id/mms_layout_view_stub" android:layout="@layout/mms_layout_view" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            </LinearLayout><br />
        </RelativeLayout><br />
    </LinearLayout><br />
    <ViewStub android:layout_gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/mms_downloading_view_stub" android:layout="@layout/mms_downloading_view" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
</com.android.mms.ui.MessageListItem><br />
<br />

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
I'm trying to align avatar pic on bottom... I can't do it.. what is wrong? check the code please:
Code:
<br />
<br />
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><br />
<com.android.mms.ui.MessageListItem android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/msg_list_item_recv" android:background="#00000000" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content"<br />
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"><br />
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/mms_layout_view_parent" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0" android:layout_alignParentBottom="true" android:gravity="fill_vertical"><br />
        <RelativeLayout android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content"><br />
            <view android:id="@id/avatar" android:layout_width="@dimen/avatar_width_height" android:layout_height="@dimen/avatar_width_height" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" class="com.android.mms.ui.QuickContactDivot" position="right_middle" android:layout_gravity="fill_vertical" android:gravity="bottom"<br />
              xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" /><br />
            <LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/message_block" android:background="@drawable/listitem_background" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:minHeight="@dimen/avatar_width_height" android:layout_toRightOf="@id/avatar" android:layout_alignParentRight="false"><br />
                <TextView android:textAppearance="?android:textAppearanceSmall" android:textSize="16.0sp" android:textColor="@android:color/black" android:autoLink="all" android:linksClickable="false" android:id="@id/text_view" android:paddingLeft="@dimen/message_item_text_padding_left_right" android:paddingTop="@dimen/message_item_text_padding_top" android:paddingRight="@dimen/message_item_text_padding_left_right" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
                <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginBottom="8.0dip"><br />
                    <TextView android:textAppearance="?android:textAppearanceSmall" android:textColor="#ff6f6f6f" android:id="@id/date_view" android:background="#00ffffff" android:paddingLeft="@dimen/message_item_text_padding_left_right" android:paddingRight="3.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/locked_indicator" android:paddingRight="3.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/ic_lock_message_sms" /><br />
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/delivered_indicator" android:paddingRight="3.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/ic_sms_mms_delivered" /><br />
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/details_indicator" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/ic_sms_mms_details" /><br />
                </LinearLayout><br />
                <ViewStub android:id="@id/mms_layout_view_stub" android:layout="@layout/mms_layout_view" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
            </LinearLayout><br />
        </RelativeLayout><br />
    </LinearLayout><br />
    <ViewStub android:layout_gravity="center_vertical" android:id="@id/mms_downloading_view_stub" android:layout="@layout/mms_downloading_view" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" /><br />
</com.android.mms.ui.MessageListItem><br />
<br />
I was never able to figure that out either.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Following this it keeps screwing up the sent part of the conversations. The sent just uses a giant empty block while the receive works flawlessly.

Sent From My Toro+ via SkyBlue Tapatalk

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Following this it keeps screwing up the sent part of the conversations. The sent just uses a giant empty block while the receive works flawlessly.

Link me to your apk and I can try to see what the problem is.

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Here you go. http://db.tt/9eqkvAPi
Thanks!

Found the problem.

In message_list_item_send.xml, on line 8 you have.

Code:
<br />
<LinearLayout android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/message_block" android:background="@drawable/listitem_backgroundsend" android:layout_width="0.0dip"
The width needs to be changed to

Code:
<br />
android:layout_width="wrap_content"<br />

·
Themer
1,078 Posts
I am working on an update for this how-to.

JB has incorporated images for sent and received now, so it is easier to add in bubbles. It should allow for some slight theme chooser support as well.

Layout xml's will still need to be edited in order to control the way it stretches, and text colors tho.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong here... it builds w/o error... but doesn't install... i've tried flashing it through cwm... i've tried pushing it via Root Explorer... i've tried installing it outright... and nothing works... it says "False has stopped working" when i open it up... i've made a few changes to colors and this is the Jelly Bean version with emoji's... been at this for hours and i still can't seem to get it to work properly... someone please take a look and tell me where i f'd up at!!

https://www.dropbox....hf4e4co/Mms.apk

btw, thanks for this tutorial :)

*edit* i have it working with one version i made before... but once i went in and made changes for it to look at the "listitem_background.xml" along with wrapping the bubble to the text only instead of the entire width of the screen... the app crashes after i install it... here's the working version (with some layout issues, i know lol) https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7yx275rvkf8sde/Mms_working.apk

81 - 100 of 125 Posts