Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Boot Themer
483 Posts
First is the easy method for making custom boot logos. The downside is, it requires Photoshop (AFAIK) in order to be able to save in .raw format.

Credit to Team Black Hat and p3droid for the flashable zip and the process.

Now for the slightly more time-consuming way (but free
)

Links

GIMP
Frhed
7zip
Flashable .zip

·
Themer
332 Posts
For those that run Ubuntu, create the image like he says and then either click on File < Save As or ( Ctrl+SHIFT+S) and go down to the bottom and where it says "select file type" scroll to and choose "Raw image data" then go back to the top and for the file name type logo.bin and then hit save (or just enter) it will pop up a dialog just hit save. and youll have your logo.bin file and then continue with the rest of his process

·
Boot Themer
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks razor! Would I get in trouble if I copied this in the D2 forums, as this works the same on both devices?

·
Android Lover
129 Posts
Can you use the ufraw plugin for gimp in order to streamline that route?

{ droidX «» cm7 rev kang «» tapatalk }

·
Boot Themer
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"modisch said:
Can you use the ufraw plugin for gimp in order to streamline that route?

{ droidX «» cm7 rev kang «» tapatalk }
Never heard of it lol. I don't use gimp that much anymore. Feel free to try it and let us know :) or I can try it tonight if you're nervous about what it'll do to your phone. In my experience, the worst that happens if the logo.bin file is bad is the screen stays black until the boot animation. Of course, I can't guarantee that though.

·
Boot Themer
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Barney Stinson said:
Is not the photoshop option in BMP save as RLE the desired output?
Isn't rle just a compression method? The logo.bin file has to have an exact byte count in order to display properly, and I don't think you can get that with rle. Also, the raw format has no header, which is also required. I could be wrong on rle though, I'm not an expert lol.

·
StrawberryDroid
171 Posts
I'm running Photoshop CS5 Extended and under the Save as menu there are all kinds of formats I can save, but no .RAW . What goes?

·
Goosie Pizzle
2,582 Posts
I'm running Photoshop CS5 Extended and under the Save as menu there are all kinds of formats I can save, but no .RAW . What goes?
I'm using CS 5 Extended as well its there... its labeled as "Photoshop Raw" or something similar. Here let me find it and screen cap it for you so you know where to look...

·
StrawberryDroid
171 Posts
Odd, I've attached a screenshot of mine as well - I don't see RAW anywhere. The frustrating part is I already have quite a few boot images designed but I can't save them into the right format, haha.

I'm grabbing for options here, but is there an online PNG/JPG to RAW converter I can use somewhere? Don't want to have my time go to waste..

Rectangle Font Screenshot Operating system Software

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts