Android OS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
Performing these steps will return your Verizon Droid Razr back to 100% stock.

It can also be used to get your phone back to working order if it's not booting up.

DOWNLOADS:

Motorola USB Drivers - here

RSD Lite 5.7 - here

Stock ROM - here

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. If you haven't already done so in the past, download and install the motorola usb drivers.
2. Download and install RSD Lite.

NOTE: In order for RSD Lite to recognize your phone, it has to be in AP Fastboot mode or it can just be booted up like normal. If your phone will not boot up, then power it off and put it into AP Fastboot mode by holding the volume up + down + power. Then select the AP Fastboot option.

3. Connect your phone to the computer with a usb cable and open RSD Lite. Make sure RSD Lite recognizes your phone before proceeding.

WARNING: Be careful not to move your phone around or mess with the usb cable while doing the following steps. You don't want to accidentally disconnect it. That might end up bad.

4. In RSD Lite, select the fastboot zip file you downloaded then press the "Uncompress and Start Flashing" button. RSD Lite will unzip the file and begin flashing.
5. Once the flashing is done and your phone is booted up, perform a factory reset to complete the process.

NOTE: For those of you that don't have a Windows OS, or just don't like RSD Lite, you can use fastboot commands in terminal to flash the img files that are in the fastboot zip file. If you need help with doing it this way, just let me know and I can provide directions.

CREDITS:
Thanks to daywalker04 for leaking the fastboot files.
Thanks to http://sbf.droid-developers.org/ for hosting the files.

·
Android Apprentice
84 Posts
Awesome!! Now, maybe all the Doomsdayer's can settle down around here lol. Nitro has already tweeted he intends on showing some Razr Love! Bring it on Nitro :)

·
Android Beginner
66 Posts
what about us that took the ota 6.11.748.XT912 update that was pusht out by motorola will we be able to still use this restore file? this file says its 1GB in size. thats a big file to download.

·
ROM Psycho
1,102 Posts
I was kinda wondering, if this returns you to 744 and then allows you to accept the update how is that? The bionic would not re allow an update for a stock rom since the radio and kernel were diff from the original .886.... whats different with the razr?

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
I was kinda wondering, if this returns you to 744 and then allows you to accept the update how is that? The bionic would not re allow an update for a stock rom since the radio and kernel were diff from the original .886.... whats different with the razr?
Flashing this fastboot file takes the phone to 100% original 744. There's no different kernel or anything in this, like there was on bionic.

It allows you to accept and flash the ota update.

·
Hello Moto
763 Posts
That's interesting. Why will these fast boot files let you downdrade but the fast boot files on the bionic will not?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Excuse me, guys

I'm very dummy and amateur with Android. I have one question??? My RAZR is bought in Asia ( Assembled in China) and Im Asian.
System version: 65.1.12.XT910.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03

And Can I use this flashboot file ????

Thanks in advance, guys!!!! Glad to be a member [email protected]@@

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
Excuse me, guys

I'm very dummy and amateur with Android. I have one question??? My RAZR is bought in Asia ( Assembled in China) and Im Asian.
System version: 65.1.12.XT910.PSHAsiaRetail.en.03

And Can I use this flashboot file ????

Thanks in advance, guys!!!! Glad to be a member [email protected]@@
No. This is only for Verizon Droid Razr, model xt912.

You need the xt910 version

·
Supporting Member
38 Posts
Flashing this file will return your Verizon Droid Razr back to 100% stock with android version 2.3.5 and blur version 6.11.744.

It can also be used to get your phone back to working order if it's not booting up.

DOWNLOADS:

Motorola USB Drivers - here
RSD Lite 5.6 - here
Fastboot zip file - here / MD5: 8a59103becbecf22cc77371196e395d8

If the fastboot file link above is broken, use this one here.

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. If you haven't already done so in the past, download and install the motorola usb drivers.
2. Download and install RSD Lite 5.6.

NOTE: In order for RSD Lite to recognize your phone, it has to be in AP Fastboot mode or it can just be booted up like normal. If your phone will not boot up, then power it off and put it into AP Fastboot mode by holding the volume up + down + power. Then select the AP Fastboot option.

3. Connect your phone to the computer with a usb cable and open RSD Lite. Make sure RSD Lite recognizes your phone before proceeding.

WARNING: Be careful not to move your phone around or mess with the usb cable while doing the following steps. You don't want to accidentally disconnect it. That might end up bad.

4. In RSD Lite, select the fastboot zip file you downloaded then press the "Uncompress and Start Flashing" button. RSD Lite will unzip the file and begin flashing.
5. Once the flashing is done and your phone is booted up, perform a factory reset to complete the process.

NOTE: For those of you that don't have a Windows OS, or just don't like RSD Lite, you can use fastboot commands in terminal to flash the system.img file that is in the fastboot zip file. If you need help with doing it this way, just let me know and I can provide directions.

CREDITS: Thanks to daywalker04 for leaking this fastboot file.
Was testing a new ROM for a friend and it wouldn't get past the boot screen. Thank God for this post because I ultimately had to use RSDLite in order to repair the situation and get my phone back to stock. THANKS guys - y'all are awesome!!!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts