Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Flash-a-Holic
530 Posts
RSD Lite it not working as it should. I know because I was running the RazrX 1.1 ROM and had some issues so wanted to sbf and start frest. However, in the user space apps I do not have my full 3 GB back. (Yes I know its normally not that much space but for me after all apps are installed I normally have about 2.73gb free left for apps).

Ok now that said, after using this file and RSD lite I am down to 2.3g free. Also when I ran this file, it did NOT take me fully back to stock. I was on .744 but all of my apps walls etc were still in tact. Did a factory reset and it still did not get all my space back. How can I rectify this? Or can instructions be provided for the fastboot method.

Thanks!

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
RSD Lite it not working as it should. I know because I was running the RazrX 1.1 ROM and had some issues so wanted to sbf and start frest. However, in the user space apps I do not have my full 3 GB back. (Yes I know its normally not that much space but for me after all apps are installed I normally have about 2.73gb free left for apps).

Ok now that said, after using this file and RSD lite I am down to 2.3g free. Also when I ran this file, it did NOT take me fully back to stock. I was on .744 but all of my apps walls etc were still in tact. Did a factory reset and it still did not get all my space back. How can I rectify this? Or can instructions be provided for the fastboot method.

Thanks!
You skipped step 5

·
voider of warranties! >=)
127 Posts
this SAVED my tushy today. lol, i tried booting the "1%" bionic battery mod... it bricked my razr.... i'm back now because of this thread.... *NOTE* DO NOT FLASH THE 1% BIONIC MOD TO YOUR RAZR!!!! LOL

·
Android Apprentice
39 Posts
why wont rsdlite recognise my razr? I installed the drivers put in ap fastboot started rsdlite and it doesnt show up my phone.

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
dude how did your razr maxx come out? holding my breath for you! sheeze! I spent $900 cash for mine don't dare! i flashed my droid razr maxx to cricket and love it! just dont want to screw this phone up! i want really badly to get rid of the blur! thanks for your efforts dude hi5!

·
Android Beginner
11 Posts
I have a new Razr Maxx. After rooting and loading Bootstrap Recovery I noticed that the Compass Sensor was not functioning. So going back to stock to wait for replacement to arrive... In doing so I found the following steps need to be added for the Razr Maxx... I tried the steps as listed in the OP but the update failed each time during installation.

This worked for me... hope it helps someone else as well.

fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot reboot

On reboot... Went to "Settings" - "About Phone" - "System Updates"
Pulled down and installed first of TWO updates.
rebooted
On Reboot, went back to "Settings" - "About Phone" - "System Updates"
Pulled down the .173 update and installed.
Rebooted
Now back to stock with latest update.

Thanks for all you guys do!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all....I tried this and got this error message

Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Unknown fastboot command. (oem); phone connected

Anyone knows what that means and how to fix it? I'm using a razr maxx

Any help is appreciated....thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Running 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US on a Razr Maxx. I used the most recent root script from Dan Rosenberg and my phone is now rooted. I figure that I will have to unroot before the next OTA (ICS, hopefully). If I restore my phone using one of the fastboot files above, will that successfully remove the root and allow me to install the latest OTA at that point?

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
Running 6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US on a Razr Maxx. I used the most recent root script from Dan Rosenberg and my phone is now rooted. I figure that I will have to unroot before the next OTA (ICS, hopefully). If I restore my phone using one of the fastboot files above, will that successfully remove the root and allow me to install the latest OTA at that point?
might not have to unroot to take ota update, but if you do, you could just use one of the unroot tools. or just use the 6.12.173 fastboot file in the OP to restore your phone to stock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey all....I tried this and got this error message

Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Unknown fastboot command. (oem); phone connected

Anyone knows what that means and how to fix it? I'm using a razr maxx

Any help is appreciated....thanks
I'm having the same issue. I was able to download and flash the first two 2.3.5 images and I get stuck in a boot loop each time. I tried flashing the 2.3.6. image on my Razr Maxx and I am getting the same error.

I'm running RSD Lite 5.6 on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. RSD Lite recognizes my Maxx, starts the Uncompress and Flash process and fails around step 12.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Android Apprentice
33 Posts
I'm having the same issue. I was able to download and flash the first two 2.3.5 images and I get stuck in a boot loop each time. I tried flashing the 2.3.6. image on my Razr Maxx and I am getting the same error.

I'm running RSD Lite 5.6 on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. RSD Lite recognizes my Maxx, starts the Uncompress and Flash process and fails around step 12.

Any help is appreciated.
Had the same issue as well, so I just flashed the second one and then took the OTA and re-rooted. Hope that helped. Also check this link out. It should work. -----> http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/1107-fix-unknown-fastboot-command-oem-phone-connected/ <---------

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Flashing this file will return your Verizon Droid Razr back to 100% stock.

It can also be used to get your phone back to working order if it's not booting up.

DOWNLOADS:

Motorola USB Drivers - here
RSD Lite 5.6 - here

Fastboot zip files to choose from:

Gingerbread 2.3.5
Blur_Version.6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US
VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml.zip
MD5: 8a59103becbecf22cc77371196e395d8

Gingerbread 2.3.5
Blur_Version.6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.US
VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_M1-2_1FF_01.xml.zip
MD5: 0C827F14937B9BFC802684764219FB33

Gingerbread 2.3.6
Blur_Version.6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US
VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-167_DHD-14_M2-5_CFC_1FF_01.xml.zip
MD5: B640B2DCC00C2EF9CFEA8F2C6D5EBF9A

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. If you haven't already done so in the past, download and install the motorola usb drivers.
2. Download and install RSD Lite 5.6.

NOTE: In order for RSD Lite to recognize your phone, it has to be in AP Fastboot mode or it can just be booted up like normal. If your phone will not boot up, then power it off and put it into AP Fastboot mode by holding the volume up + down + power. Then select the AP Fastboot option.

3. Connect your phone to the computer with a usb cable and open RSD Lite. Make sure RSD Lite recognizes your phone before proceeding.

WARNING: Be careful not to move your phone around or mess with the usb cable while doing the following steps. You don't want to accidentally disconnect it. That might end up bad.

4. In RSD Lite, select the fastboot zip file you downloaded then press the "Uncompress and Start Flashing" button. RSD Lite will unzip the file and begin flashing.
5. Once the flashing is done and your phone is booted up, perform a factory reset to complete the process.

NOTE: For those of you that don't have a Windows OS, or just don't like RSD Lite, you can use fastboot commands in terminal to flash the img files that are in the fastboot zip file. If you need help with doing it this way, just let me know and I can provide directions.

CREDITS:
Thanks to daywalker04 for leaking the fastboot files.
Thanks to http://sbf.droid-developers.org/ for hosting the files.
To do this method, do you have to be unrooted or does it matter? I'm rooted and it keeps failing.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts