Android OS Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Android Beginner
44 Posts
Flashing this file will return your Verizon Droid Razr back to 100% stock.

It can also be used to get your phone back to working order if it's not booting up.

DOWNLOADS:

Motorola USB Drivers - here
RSD Lite 5.7 - here

Fastboot zip files to choose from:

Gingerbread 2.3.5
Blur_Version.6.11.744.XT912.Verizon.en.US
VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_TA-3_1FF_02.xml.zip
MD5: 8a59103becbecf22cc77371196e395d8

Gingerbread 2.3.5
Blur_Version.6.11.748.XT912.Verizon.en.US
VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-73_DHD-11_M1-2_1FF_01.xml.zip
MD5: 0C827F14937B9BFC802684764219FB33

Gingerbread 2.3.6
Blur_Version.6.12.173.XT912.Verizon.en.US
VRZ_XT912_6.5.1-167_DHD-14_M2-5_CFC_1FF_01.xml.zip
MD5: B640B2DCC00C2EF9CFEA8F2C6D5EBF9A

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. If you haven't already done so in the past, download and install the motorola usb drivers.
2. Download and install RSD Lite.

NOTE: In order for RSD Lite to recognize your phone, it has to be in AP Fastboot mode or it can just be booted up like normal. If your phone will not boot up, then power it off and put it into AP Fastboot mode by holding the volume up + down + power. Then select the AP Fastboot option.

3. Connect your phone to the computer with a usb cable and open RSD Lite. Make sure RSD Lite recognizes your phone before proceeding.

WARNING: Be careful not to move your phone around or mess with the usb cable while doing the following steps. You don't want to accidentally disconnect it. That might end up bad.

4. In RSD Lite, select the fastboot zip file you downloaded then press the "Uncompress and Start Flashing" button. RSD Lite will unzip the file and begin flashing.
5. Once the flashing is done and your phone is booted up, perform a factory reset to complete the process.

NOTE: For those of you that don't have a Windows OS, or just don't like RSD Lite, you can use fastboot commands in terminal to flash the img files that are in the fastboot zip file. If you need help with doing it this way, just let me know and I can provide directions.

CREDITS:
Thanks to daywalker04 for leaking the fastboot files.
Thanks to http://sbf.droid-developers.org/ for hosting the files.
At your downloads it says 5.7 rsdlite.....go further down it says make sure 5.4 is installed....the link provided for 5.7 has a security threat....thank God for Norton...it found it and deleted your file before I could install it....my question is How did this end up on your post...I've always trusted your work and used a lot of it...so now...can you explain? and get rid of that before it ruins someones computer and can you be trusted now?....whose fault is this? I thought I could trust this site but I've had this happen on another's post....this is insane...

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
At your downloads it says 5.7 rsdlite.....go further down it says make sure 5.4 is installed....the link provided for 5.7 has a security threat....thank God for Norton...it found it and deleted your file before I could install it....my question is How did this end up on your post...I've always trusted your work and used a lot of it...so now...can you explain? and get rid of that before it ruins someones computer and can you be trusted now?....whose fault is this? I thought I could trust this site but I've had this happen on another's post....this is insane...
I looked at the file & it's fine. Like most antivirus norton & McAfee are absolutely worthless.

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Antivirus apps are so worthless at times, they will even give false positives about their own software or system software (like windows). They generally only work against older malware and are useless against 0day stuff.

Only way to really know is to dissamble/decompile.

·
Android Beginner
44 Posts
dont know what you're talkin about man. no viruses.
your welcome to delete my statement....but the link to 5.7 rsdlite when you download that....Norton says it's a threat to my computer and deleted the file before I could take any action....also I downloaded the celseice link or however you spell it....it's in beta...I'm finding it next....it rooted my phone alright but when I got up this morning it had turned itself back on and would not turn off with task manager....so that program had been running through my computer for I don't know how long....I had to uninstall the program and the only way I could find it was by install date....I deleted everything I had on that date and it was finally gone but I don't know which one....so I ask myself again whats going on....go to the 5.7 link download it and scan it and see what you find....my Norton 360 is up to date....I'm not being a jerk or nothing I'm talking about real threats here....I can pull my 360 log and email it to you....and from the program many months ago that had a virus in it....from RootzWiki....I take this stuff serious....I'm handicapped and disabled and can't afford to replace anything....

·
Registered
288 Posts
Might be good to note in the OP that once you are on ICS you cannot revert back to GB with RSD-lite.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong there. If I am, I'm not aware of how to do it. I was helping a co-worker who bricked his RAZR and couldn't figure out why the fastboot file kept failing. I only figured it out because I have a Droid X and have been through the same issue. After searching around, it looks like there have been more people that just us that ran into this problem.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
Will this work regardless of the root method? The reason I ask is because i used the method found at this link:

http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftheunlockr.com%2F2012%2F06%2F25%2Fhow-to-root-the-motorola-droid-razr-xt910-running-android-4-0-34-0-4%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHUWN50WwkzoV0LWY3zbaWZf96fvA

I also have the CWM Touch recovery, so I'm not sure if the flash would get rid of that or if I would have to uninstall that.

I have the Droid RAZR on verizon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Android Nut
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Will this work regardless of the root method? The reason I ask is because i used the method found at this link:

http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftheunlockr.com%2F2012%2F06%2F25%2Fhow-to-root-the-motorola-droid-razr-xt910-running-android-4-0-34-0-4%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHUWN50WwkzoV0LWY3zbaWZf96fvA

I also have the CWM Touch recovery, so I'm not sure if the flash would get rid of that or if I would have to uninstall that.

I have the Droid RAZR on verizon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yes.
It returns everything to stock

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
One other question- Does the phone have to be "activated" for this to work? I just switched phones and I am using my SIM card on my current phone and I have done a factory restore on the RAZR.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a question regarding this, and I hope that it will be relatively easy to answer. Long story short, I need to reflash my phone, and I can only access it from AP Fastboot. But the issue is that I don't have a Droid Razr, but I have a Razr (Non-US version)
So I already found the fastboot files at
http://sbf.droid-dev...spyder/list.php
But I don't know which one to choose. The thing is that I am located in the Netherlands, so that is a NonEFIGSRetail.en.EU in Motorola terms. (It stands for Non English French Italian German Spanish, just in case) and I can't find this one on the list. Could you help me out? Also, does it matter what version I choose? I already tried flashing the phone with files from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1837971 but that resulted in a failure at step 6 of the flashing process in RSD.

·
Android Lover
77 Posts
I tried flashing back I got into the AP fastback mode it now says Flash failed) now my issue is I cant get out of the AP fastback mode

where it says Return to normal - First press power key to power down I do that and it wont power down if I let the power button go the phone goes off but when pressing power again it takes me back the the AP fastboot Flash failed again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would this happen to work with the new Jelly Bean OTA? every place I've looked said you can't go back you update

Sent from my DROID RAZR using RootzWiki

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would this happen to work with the new Jelly Bean OTA? every place I've looked said you can't go back you update

Sent from my DROID RAZR using RootzWiki
I've looked every where as well. As of right now theres no going back :-(

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

61 - 76 of 76 Posts