Android OS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Developer
161 Posts
This tutorial will show you how to enable the CRT animation on systems with 2.3+.

What you'll need:
APK Manager
A .zip manager (I suggest 7-zip)
A text editor (I'll be using Notepad++)
A framework-res.apk that you want to modify

1) Once you extract APKManager you should have a folder called "APKManager," somewhere.

2) Within that folder there's another folder called "place-apk-here-for-modding". Place you desired framework-res.apk into that folder.

3) Navigate back to the root of "APKManager", and double-click "Script.bat"

4) Press option 9 to decompile the apk. (It may take some time)

5) Once finished, navigate to "APKManager\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values".

6) Inside look for a file called "bool.xml". Open it and do what's the image says:

7) Remeber to save! Not "save as," but save.

8) Doubl-click "Script.bat" again, and choose option 11 to singn the apk

9) Say "y" to first option.

10) When that is done, a new folder called "keep" will be created. Open that folder, and delete resource.arsc.

11) Say "y" to the last option.

12) It will ask you to press any key, do that, and it will finish.

13) Navigate to the "place-apk-here-for-modding" folder, and you'll see a new file called, "unsignedframework-res.apk" open it with a .zip manager, and take the resource.arsc file from it, and transfer it to your original framework-res.apk (Which should be in the same folder)

14) No push the framework file onto your phone, and you should have a working CRT animation. No signing, or anything extra!

Comments and suggestions are awesome. Thanks!

·
Developer
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PatHoge said:
I'd also like to know...on AND off animation or just off?
As far as I know, It's On and Off. I believe on the Droid X (Any ROM except Cyanogen) it only does on. But I'm sure on most pothers ROMs this shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does signing the apk makes this not work ? I tried this in Honeycomb 3.2.1 rom and it didn't work. Flashed a new rom with this mod, and it just sat at the boot animation screen for 30 mins before I finally shut the tablet down and flashed a different ROM.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.