Android OS Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Android Apprentice
103 Posts
I have flashed Cyanogenmod countless times and have never had an issue with gps. However yesterday for the first time I did. I installed the new 1.5.1 and everything was great with the exception of gps. Of course I had it working in my sense rom before flashing... but I made a backup and restored my Bamf 4.9 rom and went into maps and got a fix quickly. Restored 1.5.1 and nothing again.

This is the first time I've ever seen this issue and for the longest time I thought all you guys were crazy... :) Anyway I realize it's just a matter of starting fresh and it will be resolved.

· Registered
4 Posts
Thanks to goodspellar, you gave me very accurate troubleshooting and my gps is now working even better than when I had Original Firmware!!! I had to join the forum to salute you.

Actually what i did was to flash back to original and used a cm7 backup to go back. I did what you told us to do(the map thing), and I see my gps simbol on my top of screen again! and its SOLID!

· Android Apprentice
686 Posts
When I had this problem it said I was in Guam. (Don't drink the water btw) any way I did the sense thing and it got me close. But then I downloaded GPS fix from the market and was spot on instantly. The fresh clean air of detroit;-) hope this helps

· Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to goodspellar, you gave me very accurate troubleshooting and my gps is now working even better than when I had Original Firmware!!! I had to join the forum to salute you.

Actually what i did was to flash back to original and used a cm7 backup to go back. I did what you told us to do(the map thing), and I see my gps simbol on my top of screen again! and its SOLID!
What do you mean by flashing "back to original?" I'm running CM7 with an HR2 radio.

What ROM would I flash to go back to original and then follow these steps?

· Android Apprentice
686 Posts
rolltidedad said:
What do you mean by flashing "back to original?" I'm running CM7 with an HR2 radio.

What ROM would I flash to go back to original and then follow these steps?
Follow op and you should be good to go

Sent from sing sing Max security facility

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.