Android OS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
God
147 Posts
So becuase of Motorola not caring so much about us Droid3 users (or anyone else suffering the motorola fate). instead of making many pointless petitions, who is down to hit them where it hurts some with me. Better Business Bureau is a sute for consumers to solve problems with companies. These problems actually get solved, and the company gets RATED based on these complaints and how many are closed. Moto just has 282 complaints for the last three years. They also have an A+ rating. If even just 50 of all us droid3 xda members (and anyone else with a locked phone) send in complaints. This rating will drop drastically. BBB is a pretty official site and their ratings are taken quite seriously. This is a way to hurt motorola where it matters. And they can't ignore these complaints as the BBB does the handling with the company.

IMPORTANT
if your not going to help, DO NOT POST, no one cares if you disagree or if you think it won't work. This is more powerful than any Petition because it actually hits the company.

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT
I wanna repeat. if you aren't going to help, DO NOT POST. NO ONE CARES. Oh and for those of you willing to help and file a complaint. Do not clutter the thread with what your thoughts about motorola are, there are plenty of threads like this. This is not to be another one, and i reserve the right to yell at you :] I am not kind btw.

LINK TO FILE A COMPLAINT
http://www.bbb.org/c...ile-a-complaint be sure to mention you want FREE UPDATE TO UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER OR ICS! no dev edition phone bullcrap like they tried to pull

Have fun, and be professional, this is not something to go and cuss out motorola. State your problem with customer service dealing with our phones, how they refuse to update a device that can clearly more than handle the system, and refuse to unlock our bootloaders. They have power with verizon so i do not want to hear someone comment and say that's the issue. Once again, i reserve the right to yell at you :]

CLICK AWAY MY FELLOW MOTOROLLERS !!!

THIS IS NOT DEVICE SPECIFIC! WE ALL ARE MOTOROLA, AND ITS NOT JUST THE DROID 3 THAT SUFFERS THIS FATE.

·
ツンデレ
59 Posts
The way I'm making my voice be heard is by not buying their products anymore.

I'm very satisfied with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, especially after coming from a Droid 2 Global, a phone which could've had a lot of potential if the bootloader was unlockable.

·
The Shadow within Android
562 Posts
BBB complaints have a chance of some success. Do all matters get solved? No, but sometimes it works, other times it won't. But BBB is a better bet compared to bombarding with petitions that are meaningless and serve very little purpose.

Don't forget, Motorola isn't the only company to lock bootloaders. Samsung and HTC are guilty of it too, just that Motorola encrypts them heavily, not sure of the other companies. Verizon could also be to blame because they would have to approve of an unlocked bootloader on their network and yet, look at the Galaxy Nexus being shafted heavily from Verizon. Of course, many here don't care about that since 9 out of 10 will have installed an AOSP ROM that is up-to-date with the source, unlike official firmware.

I'll think about filing a complaint with the BBB in terms of the bootloader, but ICS is out of the question even if the Droid 3 is within the update alliance guidelines. Samsung is just as guilty as not adhering as just about any other company to sign the pledge, so.. Best we can do is just root/flash to get what we want. Also have to keep in mind that the developer community for Android is just a tiny fraction, companies won't care if you jump ship or not as that's not where they get their money from.

Ok, I think I ranted long enough I guess..

·
Registered
312 Posts
The way I'm making my voice be heard is by not buying their products anymore.

I'm very satisfied with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, especially after coming from a Droid 2 Global, a phone which could've had a lot of potential if the bootloader was unlockable.
This. Besides not supporting phones with timely updates they are continually making it more difficult for devs to make tweaks for our phones. Sony actively supports devs and Samsung makes unlocking a snap, so why even waste your breath on Moto? Simply speak with your wallet. I understand that modders are not the majority of users, but there are a lot of us and they will feel it if enough people take their business elsewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.