Android OS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
The Shadow within Android
562 Posts
BBB complaints have a chance of some success. Do all matters get solved? No, but sometimes it works, other times it won't. But BBB is a better bet compared to bombarding with petitions that are meaningless and serve very little purpose.

Don't forget, Motorola isn't the only company to lock bootloaders. Samsung and HTC are guilty of it too, just that Motorola encrypts them heavily, not sure of the other companies. Verizon could also be to blame because they would have to approve of an unlocked bootloader on their network and yet, look at the Galaxy Nexus being shafted heavily from Verizon. Of course, many here don't care about that since 9 out of 10 will have installed an AOSP ROM that is up-to-date with the source, unlike official firmware.

I'll think about filing a complaint with the BBB in terms of the bootloader, but ICS is out of the question even if the Droid 3 is within the update alliance guidelines. Samsung is just as guilty as not adhering as just about any other company to sign the pledge, so.. Best we can do is just root/flash to get what we want. Also have to keep in mind that the developer community for Android is just a tiny fraction, companies won't care if you jump ship or not as that's not where they get their money from.

Ok, I think I ranted long enough I guess..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts