Android OS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Supporting Member
181 Posts
rjeanx said:
I tried activating my phone by calling *228 but that failed so I tried manually activating it. I dialed ##PROGRAM, or ##7764726, but it ends up calling that number instead of entering the service menu. Any ideas?
Try a wipe and see if that works...sucks but may help.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

· Supporting Member
181 Posts
rudyy said:
i'm wondering if full updated files will be posted or if fixes will be add-ons.
since i'm waiting for bugs to be worked out, i'd prefer one inclusive file instead of many.
anybody know?
Once cvpcs gets it ready...I'm sure he'll release it in RC and then Stable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

· Supporting Member
181 Posts
"kcirradx said:
Hi. Thanks for the overview of the SBF process. I used RSD to SBF my DX back to froyo so I can therafter root and flash CM7.

At the end of the SBF process, it bootlooped, so I pulled the battery and wiped data/factory reset.

However, I did not wipe the cache partition.

The phone did reboot to froyo after just wiping the data, and subsequently flashed CM7 after root.

Do I need to do the SBF process again to wipe the cache partition? Because I did not wipe the cache, is it taking up space?

I am a Noob and have looked at videos and forums for the answer, but haven't found an absolute answer.

Appreciate any insight. Thanks.
No you do not need to SBF again to wipe cache. Since you have ROM Manager installed...all you have to do is reboot into Recovery. There you can wipe cache if you so choose to.

Sent from my Xoom using RootzWiki Forums

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.