Android OS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Android Beginner
5 Posts
Thanks so much for the write-up, with all the GB leaks out and now the OTA this thread will definitely answer ALOT of questions!

Kurtislemaster - are you running FroYo or GB currently?

- if you're currently on FroYo then you can probably get away with just flashing maderstcok. If you aren't familiar with that file just Google "maderstcok" spell it just like I did its not a typo.

If you're on any flavor of GB im pretty sure you will have to SBF (i know P3 is working on an easier route but i havnt been on twitter to read anything about it). I saw a write up that might help you out. Stand by for links.

E D I T .
alright I'm back with links.

Check this out, I haven't used it personally but have heard alot of good things.
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-hacks/23638-linux-solution-your-windows-rsd-lite-problems.html

If that doesn't work for you, this is the guide that finally taught me to SBF.
http://roooler.com/26-2/

And just in case here's a link to a writeup on "maderstcok"
http://roooler.com/how-to-use-maderstcok-sbf-zip-file/

At the end of the day bro whether they put together an easier way to install CM without SBF or not, its almost (if not 100%) necessary to know how to perform a successful SBF when you're modifying you're phone at this level.

Hope I helped!

·
Android Apprentice
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
jhanford said:
If we're SBF'ing back to Froyo, are we staying there for CM4DX?

Or am I missing some clever jiggery-pokery in the install that'll take us back to GB?
CM7 is Gingerbread, despite being SBF'd to Froyo. I'm not quite sure all the nitty-gritty that gets it to work, but it does. .32 branch kernel and everything!

·
Average Android
108 Posts
anyway to install works for me...
:)

·
Droid'r, Gamer, DJ
15 Posts
Tankadus said:
Nevermind, got it to work, just needed to wipe data and cache.. WOOT! CM7 ROCKS!
wipe data/cache/dalvik before installing any rom or youll likely bootloop
my preferred mthod is clockwork recovery -> wipe everything -> install something
(as long as youre at the proper install stage, youre done)
not necessary to wipe to flash a theme, i only wipe chache for that just to make sure
(afaik)

·
Android Beginner
1 Posts
I tried activating my phone by calling *228 but that failed so I tried manually activating it. I dialed ##PROGRAM, or ##7764726, but it ends up calling that number instead of entering the service menu. Any ideas?

·
Supporting Member
188 Posts
rjeanx said:
I tried activating my phone by calling *228 but that failed so I tried manually activating it. I dialed ##PROGRAM, or ##7764726, but it ends up calling that number instead of entering the service menu. Any ideas?
Try a wipe and see if that works...sucks but may help.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Member
188 Posts
rudyy said:
i'm wondering if full updated files will be posted or if fixes will be add-ons.
since i'm waiting for bugs to be worked out, i'd prefer one inclusive file instead of many.
anybody know?
Once cvpcs gets it ready...I'm sure he'll release it in RC and then Stable.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Average Android
98 Posts
away from my computer tonight and bored wanna flash cmdx but since I need to sbf & with no rsd lite curious to know if the tbh froyo sbf update.zip works the same as running the actual sbf thru rsdlite

Sent from my DROIDX

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.