Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Android Beginner
2 Posts
Hi guys, new to the forum. Trying to get my droidx on cyanogen going the official route through sbf'ing. I've managed to sbf. I went through the wipe data/factory reset option and then rebooted the phone but I just get stuck on the red M sign. It never actually boots into stock. Any ideas? Thanks

· Average Android
96 Posts
userah said:
Hi guys, new to the forum. Trying to get my droidx on cyanogen going the official route through sbf'ing. I've managed to sbf. I went through the wipe data/factory reset option and then rebooted the phone but I just get stuck on the red M sign. It never actually boots into stock. Any ideas? Thanks
If u sbfed correctly it shouldn't b a red M it should be black and white

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

· Average Android
96 Posts
userah said:
odd, i didn't get any errors while running sbf_flash. I will download file again and try again. Thank you for your help!

EDIT: sweet, it worked this time. Thanks so much :smile3:
No problem rsdlite was giving me problems the other day & I spent HOURS on it (phone was stuck in bootloader) finally a dude helped me in rootz irc boot ubuntu on live cd & do the sbf_flash I've never been outside windows so it was a trip

"Its not who we are underneath but what we do that defines us"

· Android Apprentice
27 Posts
I got my X to SBF and accept the Temporary root but when I run the Droid2 bootstrapper the Bootstrap Recovery button keeps saying Failure when I press it and the Reboot recovery button does nothing when I press it. When I reboot into recovery I don't get the option to load a zip from SD, just the update.zip from SD shows up and it fails when I try to load it.

What am i doing wrong?

· Android Apprentice
50 Posts
I had a similar issue with it just stuck bootlooping, or getting stuck on the boot logo. I was using the system only sbf for 2.3.340. Downloaded the full sbf and redid the sbf process and I booted. Not sure what that was about, but I didnt care lol.

G

·
choonami said:
Will that be okay on the DX? I read somewhere that it was listed under the temporary root. I'm new to rooting so I have a lot to learn still. Just want to make sure permanent rooting won't jack my phone up.
It won't. I've SBFed more times than I can count, and I always choose permanent root. :) In fact, it was my understanding that you always wanted to choose permanent root.

· I just hide here
1,883 Posts
the reason u need to be sbf is cus u need a fresh install of ur phone. and the reason u havent been able to get it to work is cus u need the correct drivers. ill add them

· Android Apprentice
65 Posts
Hi. Thanks for the overview of the SBF process. I used RSD to SBF my DX back to froyo so I can therafter root and flash CM7.

At the end of the SBF process, it bootlooped, so I pulled the battery and wiped data/factory reset.

However, I did not wipe the cache partition.

The phone did reboot to froyo after just wiping the data, and subsequently flashed CM7 after root.

Do I need to do the SBF process again to wipe the cache partition? Because I did not wipe the cache, is it taking up space?

I am a Noob and have looked at videos and forums for the answer, but haven't found an absolute answer.

Appreciate any insight. Thanks.

· Supporting Member
181 Posts
"kcirradx said:
Hi. Thanks for the overview of the SBF process. I used RSD to SBF my DX back to froyo so I can therafter root and flash CM7.

At the end of the SBF process, it bootlooped, so I pulled the battery and wiped data/factory reset.

The phone did reboot to froyo after just wiping the data, and subsequently flashed CM7 after root.

Do I need to do the SBF process again to wipe the cache partition? Because I did not wipe the cache, is it taking up space?

I am a Noob and have looked at videos and forums for the answer, but haven't found an absolute answer.

No you do not need to SBF again to wipe cache. Since you have ROM Manager installed...all you have to do is reboot into Recovery. There you can wipe cache if you so choose to.

Sent from my Xoom using RootzWiki Forums

· Android Nut
2,432 Posts
kcirradx said:

when you wipe data, it does a wipe cache also. so, you're good to go. If you want to do it again, just hold the power button and choose reboot, then choose recovery.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.