Mod Status:: Stable

Apply In:: ADB

Carrier:: US Cellular

Optional:: Smali Edits

Requires Root:: Yes

Optional:: Deodexed

Android Version:: 4.0.4 (ICS)

Source::
I was playing around trying to center the clock, and a post I found on XDA had pointed someone to the arrays.xml file in SystemUI.apk. I looked there, and saw the names of the toggles. I played around with the order in which they were shown, and bingo! We can move their order.

First, please please please make a nandroid backup. I say this because it will save your butt if something goes wrong, like black wallpaper and no status bar! I've had this happen to me, and reflashed my entire ROM 3x in a row before I learned my lesson!

You'll also need to be running a deodexed ROM for this to work. Stock rooted won't be able to be modded due to it being odexed.

I have tested this on my US Cellular SGS3 running AwesomeSauceICS Uv8 by jpaulwaite.

Here's how:
  • Decompile SystemUI.apk
  • Navigate to SystemUI - res - values
  • Open arrays.xml with Notepad++
  • Under <string-array name="QuickSettingButtonAttribute"> you'll see the toggle names. They will be in-between the <item>...</item> tags.
Now moving them is simple, copy the line you want to move, say Bluetooth. Copy the ENTIRE line: <item>Bluetooth</item>, create a new line underneath the area you would like it to be, then paste the line you copied. Make sure to REMOVE the original line you originally copied, otherwise you'll have duplicate toggles! Make sure you get the indents correct as well.
  • Recompile SystemUI
  • Using 7zip, delete the AndroidManifest.xml from your newly compiled SystemUI.apk.
  • Copy the AndroidManifest.xml and META-INF files from the ORIGINAL SystemUI.apk file, and put those 2 files into your newly compiled SystemUI.apk.
  • Push it to your phone using adb.
  • Profit.
NOTE: If there are toggles listed you do not want, just delete them in the arrays.xml file. I kept only 4, and it works. I don't know how to add other things that are not existing toggles.

Maybe at some point we can get this automated so that they can be changed "on the fly" in Settings or something, but I don't know how to do that.

Attachments

·
CELL TECH
1,173 Posts
Good find!

Reactions: RMarkwald
1 - 2 of 2 Posts