Android OS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
overcome evil with good
631 Posts
I really wish with all the make believe file naming that the Thunderbolt community has created ("I am using the mr3.5 radio") that along with Mr1 or Mr2 we could list the file name such as 1.07.605.00 or 2.11.605.03 bc I can't even remember what Mr1 is now. I know, I know, "Google is my friend."

Off to visit a friend of mine.

·
Android Beginner
6 Posts
I was trying to flash the no_hboot.zip and it keeps saying...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted...

Anyone know why its aborting??

Thanks

·
Average Android
85 Posts
thepolishguy said:
I really wish with all the make believe file naming that the Thunderbolt community has created ("I am using the mr3.5 radio") that along with Mr1 or Mr2 we could list the file name such as 1.07.605.00 or 2.11.605.03 bc I can't even remember what Mr1 is now. I know, I know, "Google is my friend."

Off to visit a friend of mine.
im with you there. ive got a listing here on AF that may help keep em straight. i wish everyone would just refer to radios by there last 3 numbers- i.e. 906,802,703... it would be much more logical

fordfreak said:
I was trying to flash the no_hboot.zip and it keeps saying...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted...

Anyone know why its aborting??

Thanks
becasue youre flshing it in recovery(as i said in post 36,if youd searched the thread a lil ;) )

you install these files in hboot by renaming PG05IMG,like you would a radio.

-make sure phone is 100% charges
-double check md5s
-make sure sd card is FAT32
-be prepaired to OTA after installing mr1

·
Average Android
85 Posts
Not that I know of. You can flash the files to get the correct firmware,but there is no way to remove the revolutionary hboot that I know of without a working USB port. The phone must be able to communicate with adb in fastboot.

·
Android Apprentice
52 Posts
Just so I understand this correctly, when you say, "return rooted device back to stock" does that mean it will LOSE root, or that it will just go back to the stock ROM with root privileges?

·
Android Apprentice
187 Posts
Not that I know of. You can flash the files to get the correct firmware,but there is no way to remove the revolutionary hboot that I know of without a working USB port. The phone must be able to communicate with adb in fastboot.
I don't use ADB EVER! because I don't really know how...but I have it set up... do you think you could write me a mini-guide on the cmds to type to push the new(stock) hboot over my revolutionary hboot?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Or, just download HTC Thunderbolt Restore from the Market and it will do all the work for you with one click. No double flashing and moving files around and renaming them, etc. etc. Latest Gingerbread build, latest radio, bootloader, recovery etc...

·
Registered
4 Posts
But I thought you said that if I rooted it with the revolution method, the restoration of the bootloader wouldn't stick?
HTC Thunderbolt Restore will put you all back to factory and latest build.. I mean holy moly is that restore process extensive and long and way to many steps. Install this app, let it download the build and flash it.. Done..

·
Average Android
85 Posts
HTC Thunderbolt Restore will put you all back to factory and latest build.. I mean holy moly is that restore process extensive and long and way to many steps. Install this app, let it download the build and flash it.. Done..
thats certainly an option. prolly well worth the $1.99 if you rooted with revolutionary and are not particularly tech savy

you have to give alot of trust to the app that things will go the way that they are supposed to.i wouldnt use it for the same reason i dont use ROM manager or boot manager: i dont like to let an app manipulate things on my phone for me,i prefer to do it manually. that way i have full control and know exactly where and why things fail if they do. for most folks that rooted for more than free wifi tether and like to tinker with/mod their device more heavily, replacing the revolutionary hboot with an overwriteable eng hboot with fastboot,then flashing 2 files in hboot is a pretty easy process

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do not disagree with most of what you said. However, most bricked phones and soft bricked phones are from people making mistakes. Also, it has been proven by very large companies, people like things simple and fast and easy. One click and done. A lot of people root their phones to feel as if they now have control over it and can now manipulate it by trying 15 roms in 1 week. LOL...

Anyway, the proof of what I am saying is in many aspects of our lifes. People want things easy, quick and get the end result their looking for. Not everyone wants to learn it. If that were true, we would have many more developers.

thats certainly an option. prolly well worth the $1.99 if you rooted with revolutionary and are not particularly tech savy

you have to give alot of trust to the app that things will go the way that they are supposed to.i wouldnt use it for the same reason i dont use ROM manager or boot manager: i dont like to let an app manipulate things on my phone for me,i prefer to do it manually. that way i have full control and know exactly where and why things fail if they do. for most folks that rooted for more than free wifi tether and like to tinker with/mod their device more heavily, replacing the revolutionary hboot with an overwriteable eng hboot with fastboot,then flashing 2 files in hboot is a pretty easy process

·
Android Apprentice
18 Posts
I'm returning to stock right now to satisfy a curiosity about my LTE speeds (it's a dumb reason, I know, but it's a slow night at work and I have my backups). I rooted mine back when we first got root after it came out, so I don't have any of this revolutionary stuff on mine, but now I guess I can try that out once I go to restore my backup. It's going to be a fun night for this nerdy Thunderbolt owner

·
Android Apprentice
48 Posts
This is for ROOTED USERS. Continue at your own risk... but I think you already know that if you've been mod'ing your phone to begin with. If not, well... just be careful what you do and FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. If you make a boo boo I'm sure someone can help you fix it.
But lets just try to do it right and call it a day.

MR1 RUU
http://www.multiupload.com/KU7GSF2EY0
PG05IMG_MR1_no_hboot.zip - c64b4367086fff4f51ec3d5d766a0456

Bootloader (FLASH THIS LAST) Flashing this without first successfully flashing the previous link will cause a security warning.
http://www.multiupload.com/26WG1UZCXR
abda920f3e159fb05c00d8c54a5b8768 - PG05IMG_hboot_1.4.0000.zip

Flash the above PG05IMG_MR1_no_hboot.zip to restore everything to stock + OTA but still will have the s-off bootloader.
Rename PG05IMG_MR1_no_hboot.zip as PG05IMG.zip, and flash through hboot.

To restore the bootloader, rename PG05IMG_hboot_1.4.0000.zip as PG05IMG.zip and flash through the bootloader. DO NOT FLASH THIS unless you are sure PG05IMG_MR1_no_hboot.zip flashed to your device, without any issues.

Thanks to jcase for the information and links.
I can flash PG05IMG_MR1_no_hboot.zip through recovery by going to install zip right?

·
Galaxy Nexus Fan
84 Posts
Thank you for this method! Very simple and effective. I needed to do it because I was a part of the Best Buy "buy back" program, those guys gave me $300.00 for my Thunderbolt. Net/net, I get $240.00 because it cost me $60.00 to get into the program, either way this process made it simple and fast for me to fully wipe and restore my device back to stock.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.